Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accidentally liked my lecturer's pic on insta Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was searching through some chemistry tags on insta (cool I know) and to my surprise I saw a picture of one of my lecturers! :flute:

Obviously I then went on his profile and was looking through his pictures. I got deep into the pictures and was trying to zoom in on one picture and accidentally liked it! :headfire::headfire:

I quickly unliked it, and subsequently removed the part of my insta bio which said my uni and chemistry but the damage has already been done :afraid:

I want to crawl into a hole and die :facepalm:

Anyone had any similar experiences, or am I just a massive creep? :creep:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You should do that #Follow4Follow thing with them :creep:

Erm... I've met my uni lecturer after he PMed me on here following a thread I made about marking errors in my coursework. That was weird and extremely creepy...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    I was searching through some chemistry tags on insta (cool I know) and to my surprise I saw a picture of one of my lecturers! :flute:

Obviously I then went on his profile and was looking through his pictures. I got deep into the pictures and was trying to zoom in on one picture and accidentally liked it! :headfire::headfire:

I quickly unliked it, and subsequently removed the part of my insta bio which said my uni and chemistry but the damage has already been done :afraid:

Why were you stalking them? Lol

ReputationRep:
    Stalk some more, after all, there could be chemistry between you two..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Erm... I've met my uni lecturer after he PMed me on here following a thread I made about marking errors in my coursework. That was weird and extremely creepy...
    Yeah that's weird,

I'm just hoping he never brings it up because he teaches more than half of my course and I have him in labs too :no:

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't relate much to your situation but my friends and I once made a catfish account of FB just for the purpose of adding teachers. We ended up having about 11 or 12 teachers on there, and learning everything there was to know about them. The most hilarious thing is seeing pictures of your teachers drunk together at parties. :toofunny:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Awks :lol:

Were you having a good b*tch rant about him too? :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    At some point in my life I've been on a faculty member's google + page. Then I noticed I was signed into my gmail/google+ account. Just have to hope it doesn't track visitors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Stalk some more, after all, there could be chemistry between you two..
    :spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah he's gay anyway - which I actually found out on his insta :mmm:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I would set my profile on private + remove an identifying profile picture if that were me. :lol:

I have not had any similar experiences but I did check up on my friend's social media before and mentioned something they didn't explicitly tell me bc I read it online. :creep:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Awks :lol:

Were you having a good b*tch rant about him too? :lol:
    I was *****ing about another lecturer actually :rofl:

He's Scottish as well, speak of the devil

ReputationRep:
    I've got most of my lecturers on facebook and I like a lot of their statuses/photos. A couple of them are always posting nerdy D&D type stuff and they go to those LARP events where you dress up as knights and bash each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    LOL. I would set my profile on private + remove an identifying profile picture if that were me. :lol:

I have not had any similar experiences but I did check up on my friend's social media before and mentioned something they didn't explicitly tell me bc I read it online. :creep:
    My profile was already on private anyway but my insta username has my name in it! And it's not exactly the most common name

ReputationRep:

LMAO what uni if you don't mind me asking well you can private message it

(Original post by UWS)

That is so funny! Does he tell you to get off TSR? Did he have many gems? What course and uni do you study at?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I was *****ing about another lecturer actually :rofl:

He's Scottish as well, speak of the devil
    Hahah what did he say to you? :lol:

Oooh he must be a legend then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    This doesn't relate much to your situation but my friends and I once made a catfish account of FB just for the purpose of adding teachers. We ended up having about 11 or 12 teachers on there, and learning everything there was to know about them. The most hilarious thing is seeing pictures of your teachers drunk together at parties. :toofunny:
    Thats pretty creepy. I dont get why you were then throwing a hissy fit because you thought someone was following you. Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    change your instagram name so he won't be able to tell who liked the picture?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    LMAO what uni if you don't mind me asking well you can private message it
    Leicester :rofl:

ReputationRep:

At least you didn't see your lecturer's naked selfies

ReputationRep:
    Leicester :rofl:
    sweet lol I thought I knew you in real life for a second. I don't

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.