Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accidentally liked my lecturer's pic on insta Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    LMAO what uni if you don't mind me asking well you can private message it

That is so funny! Does he tell you to get off TSR? Did he have many gems? What course and uni do you study at?
    I think he had 1 or 2 gems. Not like me, the TSR addict :rofl:

Computer Science/City University, it's in my signature

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Hahah what did he say to you? :lol:

Oooh he must be a legend then
    He only told me how I can complain officially really, it was quite a short meeting but awks... I mean I wouldn't mind meeting other TSR users from here but my lecturer :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absoul)
    Thats pretty creepy. I dont get why you were then throwing a hissy fit because you thought someone was following you. Hypocrite.
    14 year old girls being creepy is less harmful than perhaps a man in his late 20's/early 30's I think. Plus, I really do think I must have been overthinking it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I feel slightly less ashamed now :afraid::afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Oh god, I feel slightly less ashamed now :afraid::afraid:
    that's the spirit :console::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    14 year old girls being creepy is less harmful than perhaps a man in his late 20's/early 30's I think. Plus, I really do think I must have been overthinking it.
    14 yr old creeps and old pervs go hand in hand though
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    tell him this, he posted them, you got eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally added an English teacher in high school I had a crush on once :bawling:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    My profile was already on private anyway but my insta username has my name in it! And it's not exactly the most common name
    Lmaooooo, I was going to say that you'd have no way out of it if it's your name. XD I'm sure he won't recognise your name dw... Better hope he doesn't lead any tutorials/seminars.

ReputationRep:
    Deep insta stalking is way too ****ing risky because of the double tap to like feature. There should be a way to turn it off somehow .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Lmaooooo, I was going to say that you'd have no way out of it if it's your name. XD I'm sure he won't recognise your name dw... Better hope he doesn't lead any tutorials/seminars.
    He teaches half of my course and is the demonstrator for my group in labs :bricks:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    He teaches half of my course and is the demonstrator for my group in labs :bricks:
    Lol aw :rofl: - has he got a popular instagram page? So he wouldn't bother checking notifications?
    Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. next time stalk when you're logged out, it's what I'd do :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Lol aw :rofl: - has he got a popular instagram page? So he wouldn't bother checking notifications?
    Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. next time stalk when you're logged out, it's what I'd do :hide:

Nope, quite the opposite actually, he's only got like 5 likes on a picture :console:

& Thanks, great tip for next time

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: ohhh maaan

ReputationRep:
    well...is he hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfootiecrazeesarax)
    well...is he hot?
    Nope :no:, he's a really cool and funny guy so I just wanted to see what he was like outside of uni :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I was searching through some chemistry tags on insta (cool I know) and to my surprise I saw a picture of one of my lecturers! :flute:

Obviously I then went on his profile and was looking through his pictures. I got deep into the pictures and was trying to zoom in on one picture and accidentally liked it! :headfire::headfire:

I quickly unliked it, and subsequently removed the part of my insta bio which said my uni and chemistry but the damage has already been done :afraid:

I want to crawl into a hole and die :facepalm:

Anyone had any similar experiences, or am I just a massive creep? :creep:
    Should've just blocked them asap.. don't think they even get a notif then. Or if they do, they would never be able to find you.

Unless they log out of IG.. then you're screwed. Or if your username is your name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    Or if your username is your name.
    It is :shot:

ReputationRep:
    But does he know who you are though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    But does he know who you are though?
    Yup :sadnod:, not only am I constantly emailing him, but he teaches half of my course and is the demonstrator for my lab group (for which there's only 6 in a group) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the only thing you can do rn is drop out like there's no other option.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.