Turn on thread page Beta

Filmmaking studies - HELP! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a senior in highschool and I'm thinking about studying abroad in the UK.
    I'm interested in filmaking and yet I have no idea which unis I should apply to..
    I only have 2 weeks to apply so please reply as soon as possible!!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Risen)
    I'm currently a senior in highschool and I'm thinking about studying abroad in the UK.
    I'm interested in filmaking and yet I have no idea which unis I should apply to..
    I only have 2 weeks to apply so please reply as soon as possible!!!
    What sort of university environment (big city/small city/campus - cheap/expensive cost of living - big universities/small universities?) and film making are you interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    What sort of university environment (big city/small city/campus - cheap/expensive cost of living - big universities/small universities?) and film making are you interested in?
    l

I'm more interested in bigger city universities, cost of living on cheaper side I guess. Big universities in general. Btw does UAL count as a big uni?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Risen)
    l

I'm more interested in bigger city universities, cost of living on cheaper side I guess. Big universities in general. Btw does UAL count as a big uni?
    UAL - although it's bigger than some smaller art colleges will feel much smaller *usually* because you'll be in a smaller college within UAL.

Most Film courses will have between 50 and 120 students starting each year

If you're wanting a big city and cheaper cost of living then somewhere like Hertfordshire (which also has excellent animation/3d courses and links with industry in London) or Sheffield Hallam would be worth a look.

Alternatively Salford and Manchester Met (Manchester School of Art) are located close to a lot of large UK media companies or Edinburgh has it's art college (although they are very picky and edinburgh isn't a cheap city) - York is a campus university but might be worth a look too.

http://creativeskillset.org/search/3...=Undergraduate is useful for finding industry approved courses.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help! I did a research on all universities you've listed and Sheffield Hallam, Salford really caught my attention. Could you list me a few more universities (without considering cost of living that much) ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.