Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Nah, just people who don't wear glasses are less likely to look at this thread.

Folks who need glasses to read the numberplate in your driving test - this means it will be a legal requirement for you to wear glasses or lenses at all times when driving. If you have an accident and aren't wearing them, there could be trouble. I never go out without them if I'm going to be driving.
    That's what the glove compartment is for.

Can't you just blag that you're wearing contacts anyway?

ReputationRep:
    there really is not a fuss as to wearin glasses.
    I wear them and there are times I dnt even realise they're there!
    I believe the greatest worry from what I can interpret is that ppl feel less confident

ReputationRep:
    Only since I started uni!

ReputationRep:
    LOL if you wear BOTH your eyesight must be well f***ked up!

ReputationRep:
    I interpret confidence includin around girls. I dnt suffer from those symptoms does anyone feel uncomfortavble around girls or less confident????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    there really is not a fuss as to wearin glasses.
    I wear them and there are times I dnt even realise they're there!
    I believe the greatest worry from what I can interpret is that ppl feel less confident
    I feel less confident without my glasses on!

(Probably because I can't see what I'm doing)

ReputationRep:
    lol
    I wear both however not at the same time.
    I must admit that your eyesight must be fragile to require both contacts n glasses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    I interpret confidence includin around girls. I dnt suffer from those symptoms does anyone feel uncomfortavble around girls or less confident????
    Tbh - I have glasses, but rarely wear them outside the house. I only wear them when I feel the need to look (even more) intelligent.

I would never wear glasses out socially - other than to the theatre or a trendy bar.

I'm going to get a fancy pair of specs soon, for my uni interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    That's what the glove compartment is for.

Can't you just blag that you're wearing contacts anyway?
    Well, they'll just ask you to read a licence plate, and if you can't, you're in deep doo-doo. :cool:

Tbh - I have glasses, but rarely wear them outside the house. I only wear them when I feel the need to look (even more) intelligent.
    Out of curiosity, what do you need them for? One of my friends wears them for reading, but he hates it...he has amazing long-distance vision though...better than mine.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mobbdeeprob]Tbh - I have glasses, but rarely wear them outside the house. I only wear them when I feel the need to look (even more) intelligent.

I would never wear glasses out socially - other than to the theatre or a trendy bar.

I'm sure evryone believe that glasses make you look more intelligent than we look in some cases exaggerate intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Out of curiosity, what do you need them for? One of my friends wears them for reading, but he hates it...he has amazing long-distance vision though...better than mine.
    Standard myopia - and it's pretty crap too:

- 4.00, -4.75

I wouldn't mind having a laser op in a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    My eyes aren't that bad, my lens in my glasses are quite weak, but I'm sure that they are getting worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pushupbra)
    LOL if you wear BOTH your eyesight must be well f***ked up!
    Erm no not at all. I wear both (not at the same time). 90% of the time i wear glasses and i don't have a problem with them at all. I wear contacts when i'm going out for the night or when i want a change. And my prescription is about 2.5 which isn't really high.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Fade Into Black]
    I'm sure evryone believe that glasses make you look more intelligent than we look in some cases exaggerate intelligence
    This attempt pitiful attempt at wit doesn't surprise me at all, afterall, you're a Gooner. Just be thankful that your new stadium will have comfortable seats and therefore your attention span might double (to five minutes).

ReputationRep:

I'm going to get a fancy pair of specs soon, for my uni interviews.
    You're exactly spot on. I have glasses and wear them all the time, except for going out. And I have another pair of glasses for when I want to look all intelligent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    You're exactly spot on. I have glasses and wear them all the time, except for going out. And I have another pair of glasses for when I want to look all intelligent!
    I know some people who have glasses with non-correcting lenses for those 'intelligent' occasions, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I know some people who have glasses with non-correcting lenses for those 'intelligent' occasions, lol.
    Oh now come on, you can do that with clothing - you don't need to resort to glasses for that.

Non-correcting glasses should only ever be used for fashion

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Oh now come on, you can do that with clothing - you don't need to resort to glasses for that.

The frames in question do usually tend to be designer. These people are more vain than me, it's almost scary...

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses and contacts (not at the same time tho!). Come to think of it iv'e never worn 'normal' contacts i always wear coloured ones. I have brown eyes so I usually get hazel.

I only wear glasses 4 driving, school, theatre/cinema. I used to like wearing them but not anymore but i have too or i will b squinting jus 2 c the writing on the board

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.