Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    :eek:

This reminds me of Tuesday, when I was waiting for a bus (at the busstop, strangely enough). An elderly woman in a new Fiesta unexpectedly cut into the bus lane, then continuously scraped her tyres against the curb for about 15 metres!!! She didn't even look surprised, lol.

She shouldn't be driving, as she obviously can't see, full stop.
    I have some weird thing about driving..i've had 16 lessons now..and haven't yet had a lesson without stalling!!! It's a psycological thing i think.....cos last lesson....i was absolutely fine....until a really easy left turn about 20m from my house...guess what happened! :mad:

G

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

This reminds me of Tuesday, when I was waiting for a bus (at the busstop, strangely enough). An elderly woman in a new Fiesta unexpectedly cut into the bus lane, then continuously scraped her tyres against the curb for about 15 metres!!! She didn't even look surprised, lol.

She shouldn't be driving, as she obviously can't see, full stop.
    Lol, I got this image of some old lady dressed like a gangsta going along scraping the side of her car looking ultra cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I have some weird thing about driving..i've had 16 lessons now..and haven't yet had a lesson without stalling!!! It's a psycological thing i think.....cos last lesson....i was absolutely fine....until a really easy left turn about 20m from my house...guess what happened! :mad:

G
    You stalled?

ReputationRep:

G
    As soon as i pass (if ever) i'll drive an automatic. I hate the clutch, it makes driving so much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    Lol, I got this image of some old lady dressed like a gangsta going along scraping the side of her car looking ultra cool
    I was scared for my life, lol! As I was standing right next to the curb and then, randomly, I see a woman veer into the buslane, and hear the sound of screeching tyres against the curb! I thought that a drive-by shooting was imminent! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    You stalled?
    Oooh...someone's perceptive today!

G

ReputationRep:
    I was scared for my life, lol! As I was standing right next to the curb and then, randomly, I see a woman veer into the buslane, and hear the sound of screeching tyres against the curb! I thought that a drive-by shooting was imminent! :eek:
    Great image of an old lady gunning you down in the street cackling manicly.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh...someone's perceptive today!

G
    What can i say, im good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    As soon as i pass (if ever) i'll drive an automatic. I hate the clutch, it makes driving so much harder.
    If i pass and get a car..i'll probably stick with a manual for a bit....just so i don't forget how to use the clutch. Then when i'm older..i might move onto automatic...as laziness sets in!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Great image of an old lady gunning you down in the street cackling manicly.
    lol! I guess, if I wasn't me, I would agree!

Old people should be re-tested though - some of them are frankly shocking! The only reason that they don't maim and kill is that they drive slowly, lol.

ReputationRep:
    If i pass and get a car..i'll probably stick with a manual for a bit....just so i don't forget how to use the clutch. Then when i'm older..i might move onto automatic...as laziness sets in!

G
    That sounds like a good idea. Annoyingly automatics are usually more expensive but i don't mind. It'll mean less accidents for me. Actually, so far the hardest thing i find about driving is setting the gas. That pedal is so sensitive!

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of driving - I passed my theory test this morning!! Well chuffed with myself!

ReputationRep:
    lol! I guess, if I wasn't me, I would agree!

Old people should be re-tested though - some of them are frankly shocking! The only reason that they don't maim and kill is that they drive slowly, lol.
    Did you know a lot of the older drivers have never actually taken a driving test before!! They never used to examine people since driving was a rarity...so a lot of people drove on the roads without having taken a test...and then when they finally brought in tests..the current drivers weren't tested!! I find this shocking!!! :eek:

G

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of driving - I passed my theory test this morning!! Well chuffed with myself!
    Wow well done, what was your score? I have mine on August 31st

ReputationRep:
    Well done! (I know somebody who failed this four times, but most people pass straight off)

How far into lessons are you?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, so far the hardest thing i find about driving is setting the gas. That pedal is so sensitive!
    I don't like hill starts..it used to be ok in my old instructor's car...cos i could find the bite really easily....but now..the new instructor doesn't like me getting to the bite by 'accidentally' pulling on the brake pads a bit so you can hear it....which means i've got to guess...AND...i can't hear the engine dropping now cos he listens to the radio when i drive!!!!

Good practice i suppose though

Well done Zombie!

G

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done, what was your score? I have mine on August 31st
    Good luck..don't worry..it's easy..just read the highway code and use the CDs

G

ReputationRep:
    They get free eye tests, what more can they ask for!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like hill starts..it used to be ok in my old instructor's car...cos i could find the bite really easily....but now..the new instructor doesn't like me getting to the bite by 'accidentally' pulling on the brake pads a bit so you can hear it....which means i've got to guess...AND...i can't hear the engine dropping now cos he listens to the radio when i drive!!!!

Good practice i suppose though

Well done Zombie!

G
    And if you start going backwards. I havn't done a hill start upwards but i can imagine i wont like them. Woo left turns next week! I can't believe he puts the radio on when you drive thats a distraction (as we have to learn in the theory) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    They get free eye tests, what more can they ask for!
    I meant driving lessons - some of them are cacky drivers (as well as being blind).

Everything from the hillstart to basic road skills, seems to have been lost on some of these geriatrics.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.