Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wear glasses/contacts? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Wow well done, what was your score? I have mine on August 31st

(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Well done! (I know somebody who failed this four times, but most people pass straight off)

How far into lessons are you?
    Thanks.

Passed on my second go with 35/35, 42/75 the first time round. I got 35/35 (multiple choice part), 52/75 (hazard perception) this time.

I was really bricking it though coz I clicked too much on my first clip and it told me I 'responded in an unacceptable manner' and would score 0 for the clip!!!! Thought I'd messed it up but it was alright in the end.

I got called through after I was done and the guy told me I'd failed again an I was like 'oh crap, can I just book another test while I'm here please. This is sooooooo ****.' He carried it on for aaaaaages and then goes 'jus kidding, u passed!'.

I nearly hit him. Well, I laughed, but it was more out of relief!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Good luck..don't worry..it's easy..just read the highway code and use the CDs

G
    Grr i'm always one mark off passing when i practice. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And if you start going backwards. I havn't done a hill start upwards but i can imagine i wont like them. Woo left turns next week! I can't believe he puts the radio on when you drive thats a distraction (as we have to learn in the theory) :rolleyes:
    Lol...left turns eh? You must be just beginning then!

The radio wasn't a problem last lesson though.....i was more concerned about the fact that it was raining so heavily that i couldn't see more than 10 metres ahead of me..and if i opened the window..i got soaked....but it was something like 30 degrees!!!! I think i was steamed like a fish in that hour lesson i had!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie)
    Thanks.

Passed on my second go with 35/35, 42/75 the first time round. I got 35/35 (multiple choice part), 52/75 (hazard perception) this time.

I was really bricking it though coz I clicked too much on my first clip and it told me I 'responded in an unacceptable manner' and would score 0 for the clip!!!! Thought I'd messed it up but it was alright in the end.

I got called through after I was done and the guy told me I'd failed again an I was like 'oh crap, can I just book another test while I'm here please. This is sooooooo ****.' He carried it on for aaaaaages and then goes 'jus kidding, u passed!'.

Well done, those hazard perception ones can be crappy, i know of a couple where you can actually percieve the hazard before they expect you to, and if you click then you just fail that one! Computerised tests can be so stupid sometimes.

That was a bit mean of the guy!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I just read my highway code a few times and answered all the questions in this huge book I borrowed off a mate.

I failed the hazard perception first time so I got the official DVD which is actually quite good - I wouldn't recommend the other DVDs I've seen because tbh the hazard bit of the test is so iffy you really need to get the info from the horses mouth so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    Which CDs are you using....cos the ones i used had the actual same questions they ask in the test....so most of the hard ones i got were just a case of remembering....still got 2 wrong though!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Well done, those hazard perception ones can be crappy, i know of a couple where you can actually percieve the hazard before they expect you to, and if you click then you just fail that one! Computerised tests can be so stupid sometimes.

That was a bit mean of the guy!
    Lol, I know! I couldn't believe it!!! I had to look over the certificate a few times for it to sink in... then, as I went I was like 'cya then, no wait, I won't. YES!'

ReputationRep:

Hahaha!! What a joker!! Reminds me of when i went to thorpe park...on detonator...near the end of the day...the guy doing the countdown to the drop said...:

"5...4....3....2....1.....0..... .............how are you all today then?? Having a nice time i hope........it's lovely weather we're having......"

Evil!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I know! I couldn't believe it!!! I had to look over the certificate a few times for it to sink in... then, as I went I was like 'cya then, no wait, I won't. YES!'
    My friend's cousin failed the practical test - with 6 majors and 23 minors. Somebody worked out that she made a mistake for every 30 seconds of the test.

ReputationRep:
    My friend's cousin failed the practical test - with 6 majors and 23 minors. Somebody worked out that she made a mistake for every 30 seconds of the test.
    Ouch!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that'l be me, jus wait! I've had about 6/7 lessons now but I'm having 2 a week now so I think I'l book my test for mid-September.

Funny story, on my last lesson I kept over-reaching for the gear stick thing an I brushed my instructor's leg once!? Well embarrassing. He kept on encouraging me though the whole way through the lesson which was wierd coz he never says nice things about people's driving?! Sed 'I'd come on alot since my last lesson and was doing really well' - hope those 2 fings aren't connected!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that'l be me, jus wait! I've had about 6/7 lessons now but I'm having 2 a week now so I think I'l book my test for mid-September.

Funny story, on my last lesson I kept over-reaching for the gear stick thing an I brushed my instructor's leg once!? Well embarrassing. He kept on encouraging me though the whole way through the lesson which was wierd coz he never says nice things about people's driving?! Sed 'I'd come on alot since my last lesson and was doing really well' - hope those 2 fings aren't connected!!
    LOL.

Mid-September! Have you been doing a lot outside of lessons or something? Because that's pretty close to now.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!! What a joker!! Reminds me of when i went to thorpe park...on detonator...near the end of the day...the guy doing the countdown to the drop said...:

"5...4....3....2....1.....0..... .............how are you all today then?? Having a nice time i hope........it's lovely weather we're having......"

Evil!!!

G
    LOL. I've never been there, was it good?

ReputationRep:
    Mid-september?? Lucky you..i booked my practical ages and ages ago...and the waiting list is so long that the earliest they had for me was the 24th September!

G

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I've never been there, was it good?
    Yep..great fun..i'm planning to go back again as well!! Just need to get some money now

G

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

Mid-September! Have you been doing a lot outside of lessons or something? Because that's pretty close to now.
    Yeah, my dad's pretty cool about it - he takes me out loads... but I think that's jus coz he can't be bothered taking me places nemore and wants me to hurry up and pass!

He used to take me down to this carpark near our house too that's pretty much deserted when I was still 16 so I've been driving and practicing my parking/hillstarts for quite a while.

I've only got err.... something like 4 more manouvers (sp?) to do an I reckon I'll be able to nail them in 10 or so lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Mid-september?? Lucky you..i booked my practical ages and ages ago...and the waiting list is so long that the earliest they had for me was the 24th September!

G
    I'm starting my lessons nearer the end of the holiday, and I'm hoping to be passed by Christmas. I'm going to be pushing for a bonanza Christmas/18th birthday present - a Ferrari.

Well, maybe not a Ferrari, but a Polo/Clio/C3.

ReputationRep:

G
    Well, according to my letter I can only book from tomorrow coz I have to wait for my details to be passed onto their other system or something...... so mid-September is dependant on the waiting list in my area. But apparently it isn't that long here (might have to just hope for a cancellation).

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my lessons nearer the end of the holiday, and I'm hoping to be passed by Christmas. I'm going to be pushing for a bonanza Christmas/18th birthday present - a Ferrari.

Well, maybe not a Ferrari, but a Polo/Clio/C3.
    Nice...i wish i'd started earlier now....cos most people i know have passed..but i was too lazy to start...so only began about 3-4 months ago....

G

ReputationRep:
    Well, according to my letter I can only book from tomorrow coz I have to wait for my details to be passed onto their other system or something...... so mid-September is dependant on the waiting list in my area. But apparently it isn't that long here (might have to just hope for a cancellation).
    Yeah..i suppose some areas the waiting list is tiny. Lucky!!!

G

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.