Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on here? i wanted some help identifying a very obscure film but i can only offer a rubbish description of said film as i saw it ages ago. im not expecting much here but its worth a go, heres what i remember;

1) I saw the film on BBC four a few years ago, it was very good
    2) Its japanese and i think the name began with a 'k,' probably one word but not sure
    3) it was about a small (8-10 yr?) boy who loses his parents or is looking for his dad or something, but he seems to tread the path of Dorothy in the wizard of oz and picks up a group of weirdos en route, there was a fat guy i think, cant remember whether he ever reached his goal or not, not sure why i mentioned the wizard of oz thing but im sure its relevent.
    4) it was subtitled

thats it! lol im really not holding out much hope but it just suddenly popped into my head out of nowhere whilst i was reading something and i cant get it out again.

ReputationRep:
    Amelie is as far as I go I'm afraid :p:

ReputationRep:
    I tried scouring, and I like to think of myself as a pompous foreign film-lover but I'm sorry, I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    If you coudl think of a eyar or more of the story you could fidn it in IMDB - but you dont ahve enough infi at the moment (i tried)

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I think I know which one it is as I saw one on BBC four as well. Is it called Kikujiro? It's about a 9 year old who has to travel to find his mother and he meets loads of strange people. I hope that's right I hate it when you can't remember the name of a film!!!

ReputationRep:
    i love you helen_of_troy, karma 4 everyone who tried (eventually), great stuff, tsr rules

ReputationRep:
    just ordered it off amazon for £6 that was definately it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ophqui)
    i love you helen_of_troy, karma 4 everyone who tried (eventually), great stuff, tsr rules
    haha that's not a problem glad I found the right one there!!! I'm quite tempted to get a copy too actually I'd forgotten about that one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Takeshi Kitano is one the best directors around, check out Hanabi, Sonantine,Boiling Point and Violent Cop(sounds cheesy as an english translation but its not), he's done others but those are his best work.

ReputationRep:
    violent cop? wasnt that a ps1 game :rolleyes:

yeah i wouldnt mind checking out some of his other stuff, kikujiro is just as good and weird as i remember it being

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's Kikujiro from the description. Kitano is a legend.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.