Birmingham City University! NEED HELP CHOOSING HALLS

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So, I've had an unconditional offer from BCU to start studying in September 2017! I'm going to study sports and exercise science in the south city campus! My only issue is I really wanted an en suite and from what I can see the halls don't have en suites in south city?
    Do I brave the shared bathrooms?!?! Or are there any other close halls to the city south campus that do have an en suite? I may sound bad but I'm a clean freak!!
    Any help would be massively appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    There's loads with ensuites. The heights, a ashted locks, oscott most of the have ensuites and the price is not that much diff from shared bathroom halls. I'm also starting in September 2017

ReputationRep:
    I have had an unconditional to BCU to study Sports Therapy. Looking at halls i'm probs gonna go for the new ones which are called University Locks. They are in the city centre and also have easy links to City South where my course it. However, they are quite expensive. Gonna have a look at Heights but have spoken to a few mates who are at BCU and they said Heights is abit dodgy. But i cant make that decision without actually seeing it x

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying sports science, so I'm in city south aswell! I am going to the applicants day on Wednesday so I can have a look around then! X

ReputationRep:
    Our Belgrave View halls are a good option for City South students still wanting to be close to central Brum, which also have en suite bathrooms. They're a 5 minute bus ride to our City South campus, or 25 minute walk if you fancy the exercise. And a 5 minute drive (little longer via bus) or 18 minute walk to the restaurants, bars, cinema etc. on Broad Street. The en suites contain shower, sink and toilet, as well as towel rail, hooks, and vanity mirror. Priority on Belgrave View is given to City South and Conservatoire students, which is big :borat: for City South students after the central living and en suites.
    More info, including virtual tours of the rooms and en suite is here!
    We do have plenty of other accommodation as well, with City South halls bang in the centre of campus. These are shared bathrooms though, is this the only worry you have for these halls? They'll be plenty of friendly people at the visit day today, so please ask them all your questions and let them know your worries!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone looked at the Bentley House new ones wondering if they're a good idea for a postgrad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowHannah94)
    Has anyone looked at the Bentley House new ones wondering if they're a good idea for a postgrad
    Hi Hannah,

Would it help if you had a nosey round Bentley House? Just to let you know we have other post grads booked for September. If you want to arrange a viewing, give us a call on 0121 201 3870

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for sports therapy too at BCU so i will probably be in same lectures and stuff as you, i am applying for the new university locks too and will be putting CLV as my second option but yeah my mate also told me Heights is in a dodgy area

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 29, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.