Any good PC games to sink my teeth into after A levels? Watch

asim1999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am wordering what good games are to sink my teeth into after I complete my a levels?
I have given up gaming until then and I am glad I did, I now focus more on my studies and it's good
Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition and Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe are on my wish list for then.
I am turning 18 next April so age would not be of concern as I am getting the games after my last exam in 29th June. I am mostly into shooters and I play on pc with keyboard and mouse
Thanks
Your replies will leave me with something to look forward to and keep me going!
SonoLuma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by asim1999)
I am wordering what good games are to sink my teeth into after I complete my a levels?
I have given up gaming until then and I am glad I did, I now focus more on my studies and it's good
Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition and Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe are on my wish list for then.
I am turning 18 next April so age would not be of concern as I am getting the games after my last exam in 29th June. I am mostly into shooters and I play on pc with keyboard and mouse
Thanks
Well, with shooters, a good few ideas are:

Verdun (WW1 trench warfare game. Very hard, but really rewarding
Serious sam is a good choice, Im a sucker for runny gunny shooty action, so the original painkiller is good too (though be careful you dont choose the myriad fanmade versions like "hell and damnation")
CSGO is ok if you like to refine repeated strategies! :-)
H1Z1 is cool especially king of the kill mode if you have a team with you!
Metal gear solid: ground zeroes

Other than shooters, here is a cool list you might like:
FTL:faster than light
Undertale
Consuming shadow
Dark souls (just finished two, much easier than one. One is by far the best, but is very hard. DS2 is much better to learn the basics)

could probably think of more, but minds gone blank! lol
Baleroc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by asim1999)
Thanks
Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt + DLC.

You don't need any other game than that. Game of the century.
razvanduke
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really liked Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, as it was a different shooter experience.
You should try the RPG Gothic from Pyranha Bytes, as it will give you an interesting storry and a good atmosphere if you can get over the quirky controls.
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you like sandbox games (like minecraft) then i strongly recommend terraria.

I'm 17 and i have over 700 hours cause i love it too much XD
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Zombies mode on the Call of Duty games is the most addictive I've played by far and you'll probably like it if you like zombies games and first-person shooters (it's a wave-survival game). I'd recommend picking up Black Ops 1 for starters, you can get a Steam key on eBay for less than a tenner and it comes with two great maps, then if you like it you can buy DLCs (especially Rezurrection with comes with 5 zombies maps) for more fun The online servers for co-op games are still fairly active as well.
Fractite
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Civ 5 / 6.

That should keep you going for hours.
152mmOfDerp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
XCOM 2 - A great turn based strategy game that will probably make you want to sink your teeth into many more things than the game when playing it
Kerbal Space Program - If you like anything to do with astronomy, aviation etc... This is the game for you. It's not incredibly and it really isn't Rocket Scien- nevermind
Ze Witcher
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Baleroc)
Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt + DLC.

You don't need any other game than that. Game of the century.
Amen.
POTUS55
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Age of Conquest IV. (IT'S FREE & GOOD)
edwinscott18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Id recommend a bit of H1Z1 king of the kill. Its a fast action paced battle royale type of game. Its a load of fun with your mates or even solo You should defo give it a whack. After all its only like £15
donutellme
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look up Mount & Blade. It is fantastic.
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Elite Dangerous
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Age isn't of concern anyway, how does steam ask for ID?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Age isn't of concern anyway, how does steam ask for ID?

Posted from TSR Mobile
With some games it'll ask for your date of birth before you can access the game's store page, but you can always just lie.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
With some games it'll ask for your date of birth before you can access the game's store page, but you can always just lie.
Exactly, steam must be really confused because sometimes I'm as young as 20s or as old as 60s

Posted from TSR Mobile
kingflute
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Heres an interesting list:
Elite Dangerous
Stellaris (if you have a few months spare to get to the end...)
FTL
Battlefleet Gothic Aramda (you might be picking up a theme here !)
X3 AP possibly
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Divinity: Original Sin.

Can be pretty tricky with a lot of party wipes, but it is very rewarding.
Caius Filimon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any Grand Strategy (Paradox Interactive) games (for your alternate history needs) and Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided (for some serious immersion and ethical qualms)
MissFatale
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I love games with good stories! If you haven't already played the Mass Effect trilogy you should totally give it a try.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.32%
It's just nice to be back! (183)
27.56%
Not great so far... (239)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.13%

Watched Threads