Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any good PC games to sink my teeth into after A levels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am wordering what good games are to sink my teeth into after I complete my a levels?
    I have given up gaming until then and I am glad I did, I now focus more on my studies and it's good
    Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition and Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe are on my wish list for then.
    I am turning 18 next April so age would not be of concern as I am getting the games after my last exam in 29th June. I am mostly into shooters and I play on pc with keyboard and mouse
    Thanks
    Your replies will leave me with something to look forward to and keep me going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asim1999)
    I am wordering what good games are to sink my teeth into after I complete my a levels?
    I have given up gaming until then and I am glad I did, I now focus more on my studies and it's good
    Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition and Titanfall 2 Digital Deluxe are on my wish list for then.
    I am turning 18 next April so age would not be of concern as I am getting the games after my last exam in 29th June. I am mostly into shooters and I play on pc with keyboard and mouse
    Thanks
    Well, with shooters, a good few ideas are:

Verdun (WW1 trench warfare game. Very hard, but really rewarding
    Serious sam is a good choice, Im a sucker for runny gunny shooty action, so the original painkiller is good too (though be careful you dont choose the myriad fanmade versions like "hell and damnation")
    CSGO is ok if you like to refine repeated strategies! :-)
    H1Z1 is cool especially king of the kill mode if you have a team with you!
    Metal gear solid: ground zeroes

Other than shooters, here is a cool list you might like:
    FTL:faster than light
    Undertale
    Consuming shadow
    Dark souls (just finished two, much easier than one. One is by far the best, but is very hard. DS2 is much better to learn the basics)

could probably think of more, but minds gone blank! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asim1999)
    Thanks
    Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt + DLC.

You don't need any other game than that. Game of the century.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, as it was a different shooter experience.
    You should try the RPG Gothic from Pyranha Bytes, as it will give you an interesting storry and a good atmosphere if you can get over the quirky controls.

ReputationRep:
    If you like sandbox games (like minecraft) then i strongly recommend terraria.

I'm 17 and i have over 700 hours cause i love it too much XD

ReputationRep:
    Zombies mode on the Call of Duty games is the most addictive I've played by far and you'll probably like it if you like zombies games and first-person shooters (it's a wave-survival game). I'd recommend picking up Black Ops 1 for starters, you can get a Steam key on eBay for less than a tenner and it comes with two great maps, then if you like it you can buy DLCs (especially Rezurrection with comes with 5 zombies maps) for more fun The online servers for co-op games are still fairly active as well.

ReputationRep:
    Civ 5 / 6.

That should keep you going for hours.

ReputationRep:
    XCOM 2 - A great turn based strategy game that will probably make you want to sink your teeth into many more things than the game when playing it
    Kerbal Space Program - If you like anything to do with astronomy, aviation etc... This is the game for you. It's not incredibly and it really isn't Rocket Scien- nevermind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baleroc)
    Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt + DLC.

You don't need any other game than that. Game of the century.
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Conquest IV. (IT'S FREE & GOOD)

ReputationRep:
    Id recommend a bit of H1Z1 king of the kill. Its a fast action paced battle royale type of game. Its a load of fun with your mates or even solo You should defo give it a whack. After all its only like £15

ReputationRep:
    Look up Mount & Blade. It is fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Elite Dangerous
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Age isn't of concern anyway, how does steam ask for ID?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Age isn't of concern anyway, how does steam ask for ID?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With some games it'll ask for your date of birth before you can access the game's store page, but you can always just lie.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    With some games it'll ask for your date of birth before you can access the game's store page, but you can always just lie.
    Exactly, steam must be really confused because sometimes I'm as young as 20s or as old as 60s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heres an interesting list:
    Elite Dangerous
    Stellaris (if you have a few months spare to get to the end...)
    FTL
    Battlefleet Gothic Aramda (you might be picking up a theme here !)
    X3 AP possibly

ReputationRep:
    Divinity: Original Sin.

Can be pretty tricky with a lot of party wipes, but it is very rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    Any Grand Strategy (Paradox Interactive) games (for your alternate history needs) and Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided (for some serious immersion and ethical qualms)

ReputationRep:
    I love games with good stories! If you haven't already played the Mass Effect trilogy you should totally give it a try.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.