(Original post by sleepysnooze)
    Tbf sarcasm is hard to get across online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    People like you are dividing our world.
    the most leftie kiddie **** ive seen on this forum in years lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    It's people like you who I have absolutely no problem with. You make some convincing points, however we fundamentally disagree as I would consider myself post-nationalist, whereas I assume you are more traditionally nationalist. As the world is in its current form, I do agree with you. Especially during a refugee crisis which has blown out of control, we do need stricter regulations in place - of course. But it's people who say "**** all immigrants - they're scum" or "bloody islamists - kick out all the muslims" that divide our world and annoy me.
    Hey, each to their own. If you're reasonable be whatever the f**k you like so long as its an interpretation open to change and facts (I like to consider my viewpoint as factual as I can make it)

(Original post by FolloUrDreams)
    Just don't take them in at all. If they are in a warzone country, build safezones - why do we need to let them come here and destroy our countries too.

Mass immigration does absolutely no good. All it does is increase unemployment, make houses unaffordable, increase crime and cause a lot of safety issues and no go zones.
    How do they all objectively 'destroy our countries?' a huge number of migrants are NHS workers because UK universities make medicine tightly competitive owing to the fact its one of the few courses that their 9k fee doesn't turn a massive profit on so we have an enormous shortage of doctors, the NHS would be far worse without them and would treat basically nobody. Migration is important to societies, exchanging ideas is the catalyst for invention for innovation for moving forward (to give one example the medicine of the middle east during the crusades was far superior than that of the europeans to the point Europeans would try to get captured by the enemy on a 50/50 gamble they'd be treated and ransomed back rather than killed). Immigration is a useful tool, sharing knowledge, sharing workers, sharing cultures. Understanding can breed peace.

Because in war, safezones don't exist. You establish one, two months later they detonate the gates and storm in gunning everyone down. A safezone is an enormous target with a huge neon sign saying 'here are vulnerable people you hate'. Also because small villages often don't get word, because isolated settlements just pack up their stuff and run when the marching army comes their way. They just flee, hoping to find something better anywhere. Throughout history wars have caused mass migration. The Romans had to take in the Goths when the Huns rampaged as just one example. People flee warzones because being close to them is dangerous even in supposed safe zones.

Currently this has been taken too far with totally open madness losing all regulation. All the issues you point out are government issues. If they regulated immigration according to housing, job markets etc in balance with their need (as in don't refuse a genocide victim because the local tesco isn't hiring) then the issues wouldn't come about. Immigrants are generally very poor. Crime is a product overwhelmingly of poverty, a lack of ways to produce income (again government issues) and a lack of integration into UK culture to enable them to get a job (nobody is going to hire a person who can't speak English because you can't give them instructions). Again a lot of safety issues are the product of (a) ghettoisation as in 'just put all the romanians in awful council housing with no jobs where the locals are fed up of them before they arrive because they're the 67th batch this year', and (b) the poverty.

As for specific safety and 'no go zones' how so more than in the UK without immigration? Poor areas like Merseyside, the old Brighton, used to be Brixton, Clapham and Hackney were crime centres. All the criminals were English. There was more crime per 100 in medieval times than today, how many medieval brits were immigrants? Crime is not simply caused by 'being from somewhere else' I don't go on holiday to America and rob a 7/11 because reasons. The only no go zones I've seen demonstrably is one particularly aggressive group of gypsies who stayed near my hometown for a few months then left (presumably anomalies) and 'sharia law areas' which was like one group of wackos in one place and further demonstrates its not about immigrants but about cultures which, if immigration was handled properly, would not arise to the same degree if at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasteman shoes)
    the most leftie kiddie **** ive seen on this forum in years lol
    And the problem with being left-wing is...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    Hey, each to their own. If you're reasonable be whatever the f**k you like so long as its an interpretation open to change and facts (I like to consider my viewpoint as factual as I can make it)

How do they all objectively 'destroy our countries?' a huge number of migrants are NHS workers because UK universities make medicine tightly competitive owing to the fact its one of the few courses that their 9k fee doesn't turn a massive profit on so we have an enormous shortage of doctors, the NHS would be far worse without them and would treat basically nobody. Migration is important to societies, exchanging ideas is the catalyst for invention for innovation for moving forward (to give one example the medicine of the middle east during the crusades was far superior than that of the europeans to the point Europeans would try to get captured by the enemy on a 50/50 gamble they'd be treated and ransomed back rather than killed). Immigration is a useful tool, sharing knowledge, sharing workers, sharing cultures. Understanding can breed peace.

Because in war, safezones don't exist. You establish one, two months later they detonate the gates and storm in gunning everyone down. A safezone is an enormous target with a huge neon sign saying 'here are vulnerable people you hate'. Also because small villages often don't get word, because isolated settlements just pack up their stuff and run when the marching army comes their way. They just flee, hoping to find something better anywhere. Throughout history wars have caused mass migration. The Romans had to take in the Goths when the Huns rampaged as just one example. People flee warzones because being close to them is dangerous even in supposed safe zones.

Currently this has been taken too far with totally open madness losing all regulation. All the issues you point out are government issues. If they regulated immigration according to housing, job markets etc in balance with their need (as in don't refuse a genocide victim because the local tesco isn't hiring) then the issues wouldn't come about. Immigrants are generally very poor. Crime is a product overwhelmingly of poverty, a lack of ways to produce income (again government issues) and a lack of integration into UK culture to enable them to get a job (nobody is going to hire a person who can't speak English because you can't give them instructions). Again a lot of safety issues are the product of (a) ghettoisation as in 'just put all the romanians in awful council housing with no jobs where the locals are fed up of them before they arrive because they're the 67th batch this year', and (b) the poverty.

As for specific safety and 'no go zones' how so more than in the UK without immigration? Poor areas like Merseyside, the old Brighton, used to be Brixton, Clapham and Hackney were crime centres. All the criminals were English. There was more crime per 100 in medieval times than today, how many medieval brits were immigrants? Crime is not simply caused by 'being from somewhere else' I don't go on holiday to America and rob a 7/11 because reasons. The only no go zones I've seen demonstrably is one particularly aggressive group of gypsies who stayed near my hometown for a few months then left (presumably anomalies) and 'sharia law areas' which was like one group of wackos in one place and further demonstrates its not about immigrants but about cultures which, if immigration was handled properly, would not arise to the same degree if at all.
    Yeah lol I feel like we agree here

ReputationRep:
    Our ancestors did not fight for our countries just to let endless immigrants flood in and turn us into third world sh*tholes. You are sick. What is going on right now is going to lead to much more division.
    My ancestors fought in Burma on behalf of the British empire and as a colonial subject during WWII. I hope you will remember him...

He wasn't the only one too...

Let us never forget their sacrifice

ReputationRep:
    Our ancestors did not fight for our countries just to let endless immigrants flood in and turn us into third world sh*tholes. You are sick. What is going on right now is going to lead to much more division.
    Your ancestors colonised half the world.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Blame the few thousand homeless working class individuals! While you do that, don't read history and don't try to realise that it's never the working class that ruin nations, it's always the fascist, anti-intellectual populists that end up ruining nations in Europe. Don't try to realise that every time a party blame a part of the population and stokes hatred against them, it's always when they're trying to gain power and spread anti-intellectualism which leads to damnation of nations.

That's not to say that mass immigration is wrong, but stoking hatred like that is an appeal to emotion that just overrides any logical, fair thinking process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.