Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to apply for September 2017 without a school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm in a bit of a mess.

I finished my A Levels in 2015, went to univeristy in September 2015 to study Computer Science.

Now here's the kicker: I left at the begining of December. I never even did any assignments/coursework. I never fully explained my reasons for leaving to anyone (And I don't really understand them myself) but it was a mixture of anxiety and other stuff.

Now, I feel like I'm ready to go back. I want to start in September 2017 and I'm not sure if I'm too late or not.

I'm wondering what kind of fees I'll have to pay (Will I have to pay the 3k tuition fee for the the first term without a loan even if I take a different course?), if I'll get any loan support and whatnot.

I'm also wondering if I could somehow get any support in my UCAS application. Like who would I list as references? I've been in work for the last year so I suppose my employer could work.

Does it make a difference if I choose the same course or not? I definitely plan on going to a different university.

The maintenance loans/grants would be nice but not neccessary. TheTuition Fee Loans are what I really need.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent One)
    Okay, so I'm in a bit of a mess.

I finished my A Levels in 2015, went to univeristy in September 2015 to study Computer Science.

Now here's the kicker: I left at the begining of December. I never even did any assignments/coursework. I never fully explained my reasons for leaving to anyone (And I don't really understand them myself) but it was a mixture of anxiety and other stuff.

Now, I feel like I'm ready to go back. I want to start in September 2017 and I'm not sure if I'm too late or not.

I'm wondering what kind of fees I'll have to pay (Will I have to pay the 3k tuition fee for the the first term without a loan even if I take a different course?), if I'll get any loan support and whatnot.

I'm also wondering if I could somehow get any support in my UCAS application. Like who would I list as references? I've been in work for the last year so I suppose my employer could work.

Does it make a difference if I choose the same course or not? I definitely plan on going to a different university.

The maintenance loans/grants would be nice but not neccessary. TheTuition Fee Loans are what I really need.
    Everyone has a "gift year" of funding to allow you to start again after a year if things don't work out so your previous study wont affect your finances.

You need to find someone willing and able to provide you with a reference ASAP (this should be an academic reference so it might be worth contacting your old school/college to see if they're willing to provide one or to provide their previous reference for you again).

At the same time you need to get on with putting together an independent application through UCAS - complete with your full education history (including your attendance at your previous university - don't worry about it - applications like this are very common) and your personal statement about why you want to study your chosen course.

Depending on where you plan to apply then you'll need to get the lot done (including a reference) by 15 January - although if that isn't possible there are many universities and courses that accept applications after that date (but if you're likely to apply after the 15th you need to contact each of your choices directly to double check they'll still accept your application).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.