Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyanne98)
    Hi, I’m a first year at Derby studying marketing. In my halls we have people from both the main campus and the arts campus. We all get along well and often do things as a flat together. If you’re planning on living in halls, there’s no need to worry about getting to know people. There will always be people coming into halls and you also meet people from a range of courses by living in halls too.

Also, our flat is always clean as we have a cleaner once a week who cleans all the communal areas and our RAs (residential assistants) will help us if something is not working in the flat.

Although I don’t go on nights out much myself, my sister, who is also at Derby, really enjoys the nightlife and there are loads of clubs/bars/restaurants within walking distance of most halls (about a 15-minute walk from Nunnery Court, should be a little bit less from Peak Court).

During freshers there’s loads of different events on, pub quizzes and club nights at the SU bar as well as nights in town so there’s loads to choose from. Freshers is also a good opportunity to join societies and clubs as they all put on events during freshers.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Molly
    Thanks so much!! Would you recommend going to Derby? and also do you know if halls fill up quick? Because I cant apply until march when I get all my offers. Thanks again xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talb)
    Thanks so much!! Would you recommend going to Derby? and also do you know if halls fill up quick? Because I cant apply until march when I get all my offers. Thanks again xx

I would really recommend derby, for me it’s a good balance between a city university and a campus uni. There’s loads of things to do in the city centre but not too overwhelming, especially as I went to sixth form in a tiny town.

With halls, if you put Derby as your firm choice then you’re guaranteed accommodation in halls up until July, obviously the longer you wait the less choice you’ll have over which halls you go into but you’ll definitely get somewhere.

Let me know if there’s anything else!

Molly

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm going in september to do Marketing and i've just applied for accommodation at peaks court

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I got an offer for Forensic science and have firmed Derby. I have also been allocated a room in Nunnery Court

ReputationRep:
    Hi All, I have been offered a conditional offer for Primary Teaching and have just submitted my accommodation choices.

Just wondering how quickly have people found out if they've been accepted accommodation and rooms/flats.

I would also like to know if there anyone on here has applied for Longsdale Hall and if anyone is studying Primary Teaching.

Bit about me,

I work all the time ( i am literally writing this while work now),
    I volunteer in my local school,
    I live in Bristol,
    I enjoy playing computer games (when i get the time).

I'm nosy, tell me about you too (if you want)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kthomson2017)
    Hi All, I have been offered a conditional offer for Primary Teaching and have just submitted my accommodation choices.

Just wondering how quickly have people found out if they've been accepted accommodation and rooms/flats.

I would also like to know if there anyone on here has applied for Longsdale Hall and if anyone is studying Primary Teaching.

Bit about me,

I work all the time ( i am literally writing this while work now),
    I volunteer in my local school,
    I live in Bristol,
    I enjoy playing computer games (when i get the time).

I'm nosy, tell me about you too (if you want)
    I found out about a day after I applied.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi There,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here for those of you who are still looking for accommodation I just wanted to let you know about Darley Bank Student Accommodation. We offer a range of stylish and modern en suite rooms all with 3/4 double beds. We're just a few minutes walk from the city center and the majority of the university halls. Getting to university couldn’t be easier, it’s a easy 5-10 minute bus ride to Kedleston Road with the bus stop just a couple of minutes walk away from Darley Bank. We are only a couple of minutes walk to the Law school and 7-10 minutes walk to both Britannia Mill and Markeaton Street campus

Rent is inclusive of all bills, wifi, on site staff and contents insurance. Plus we also have a great social space with plenty of social events throughout the year.

Take a look at our website or Facebook page for more info - http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/darley-bank

If you would like any further information or to arrange a viewing let us know.

Thanks,
    Fran @ Darley Bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calm down)
    Hiya people!

I'm not about to start at derby- in fact I'm about to finish (Primary Education).

Any questions any of you may have let me know and I'll be happy to answer the message honestly!
    I'm wanting to start the course. What was your initial offer? And what did you get at a levels? Also how did you find the course and what are you doing after uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.