Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got 7/10 (pleasently surprised), even tho i didn't know what i was lookin 4! Considering i did quite well

ReputationRep:
    I got a hilarious fake e-mail supposedly from "Hotmail", which told me that "we need to no if your using your hotmail account! if you dont pass this msg onto ten other people to prove your using your acount then you're account will be permanantly frozen! The hotmail team." in a dodgy, oversized gimmicky font. You'd have to be thick to believe half of the scam e-mails doing the rounds, though the ones on the phishing test website were scarily genuine looking. I got 80%.

ReputationRep:
    90%

The only one that slipped me by was Citbank (message 7) As it was going on about digital certs, and calling them to confirm the fingerprint of the cert, they are either very elaborate, (i.e. actually setting up a phony 1-800 number) or relying on people not following the advice listed in the very email itself.

ReputationRep:
    Well, forme I couldn't be bothered to read them so it was a case of 'ip dip do'. So I am proud to have gotten 4!

ReputationRep:
    so only me and one other person got 100%, not bad

ReputationRep:
    i got 7 out of 10, but what i dont get is why a couple of them were frauds (when i put them down to be legitamate). The earthlink one, for example, will not link you to any page other than the earthlink main website, where you can legitamatly log in and see there is nothing to be done. I have no idea what the fraduster was trying to achieve with that email?

ReputationRep:
    I got 7/10. Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    I have no idea what the fraduster was trying to achieve with that email?
    I thought that too so I also said I thought it was legitimate. It seemed quite pointless to me.

ReputationRep:
    7/10. No credit card, so no worries.

ReputationRep:
    7/10 - but I really couldn't be arsed with some of them.

It does make me laugh how people fall for the fake hotmail ones though - as if Hotmail would rely on it being forwarded around, they'd surely send one message directly to your own account?!

I've received about 5 of those hotmail ones and deleted every one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    so only me and one other person got 100%, not bad
    Oh yeah...how good are we?

G

ReputationRep:
    90%. The citibank got me lol.

The easy way to spot a scam email is to look at the "Dear..." bit. If it is legitimate it will ALWAYS have your name and not just "Dear Barclays customer" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Oh yeah...how good are we?

G
    amazingly good

well done to us, lol.

ReputationRep:
    8/10

I read the first one, which seemed okay. I couldn't be bothered with the rest and ticked them all as frauds.

ReputationRep:
    Damn i got 60% :mad:

ReputationRep:
    woohoo 10/10 - back of the net

had to look at the source code for the last one

PS are people so stupid that they need to be told what a score out of ten is as a percentage?

ReputationRep:
    join the 100% group

ReputationRep:
    8 out of 10 (80%). Not too bad I guess.

Got 70%... :rolleyes:
    I'm sure i'd get 100% on a second try though!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.