GCSE Eng. Language. what is the best way to plan an answer

Watch
alonzo5437
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys. So I am going to sit my first mock exam in English language next week have any of you got any good ways of planning answers? I am sitting the AQA Eng. language paper 1
sudent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, does anybody know how to successfuly do Q3 and 4
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alonzo5437)
Hi guys. So I am going to sit my first mock exam in English language next week have any of you got any good ways of planning answers? I am sitting the AQA Eng. language paper 1
The best way to plan an answer (in my opinion) is to do a spider diagram as opposed to bullet points. Then, slowly expand your spider diagram by linking your ideas. This will certainly work in the creative writing section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alonzo5437
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moltenmo)
The best way to plan an answer (in my opinion) is to do a spider diagram as opposed to bullet points. Then, slowly expand your spider diagram by linking your ideas. This will certainly work in the creative writing section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you that certainly helps. :-D
Kbennett06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When you get the sources, split the source up into 5 with a pencil and ruler. Highlight all the key info. For the creative writing I would advise you to use some previous ideas from the sources as one of the sources should be a story or from a text of some kind.
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
use Mr bruff on YouTube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emilio Ramirez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alonzo5437)
Check out Mr Bruff:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrbruff/
alonzo5437
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kbennett06)
When you get the sources, split the source up into 5 with a pencil and ruler. Highlight all the key info. For the creative writing I would advise you to use some previous ideas from the sources as one of the sources should be a story or from a text of some kind.
hi , thanks for the reply. quick question why split the source into 5?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (89)
38.2%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.73%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.3%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
24.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.02%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed