Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys and gals, just been offered an interview for the 14th this month in Gloucester uni, there is a 5 min presentation task to prepare for....here is the question .....You are asked to give a five-minute presentation to a small group of other interviewees and one or two university tutors and/or school partners. Please bring a teaching aid or resource that you have used/would plan to use with a group of children to inspire, motivate and support their learning. During your presentation, you should explain why you have chosen this item, how old the children would be and how you would use it to help children to learn something new or to acquire new skills. You should be prepared to discuss the relationships between teaching and learning in order to show your developing knowledge and understanding. .... anyone have any previous experience or advice or roughly what they are looking for and type of subject to present? cheers

ReputationRep:
    How did this go for you? My son is having to do exactly the same... Any tips greatly received as we are STUCK !!

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to teachers I work with and basically prepared an object to inspire and motivate learning. I look at English language. I got a diary entry from 1666, of Samuel Pepys ( Google has loads of English lessons for this)

I cut it and tea bagged it and burnt it to make it "authentic".

The idea was to inspire children in a year 4 class to write a diary entry using time connectives. I had my learning objective and success criteria printed as handouts ( the people interviewing loved the detail of prep) then I talked through what I would do as a full lesson and what other lessons it can lead to AMD how it can inspire children ....does this help? I got in too and smashed it☺

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.