Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all of those with offers from Staffs Uni!

This is your chance to get to know each other before you start and ask me any questions you may have.
    So…

What course do you have an offer for?
    What are your predicted/achieved grades?
    Did you have an interview? If so, how did it go?
    What are you most looking forward to?
    Do you have any questions for me?

For those of you who are still waiting to hear, hang tight! It won’t be long!

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sam!

I'm thinking about starting at Staffs this coming September!

In answer to your questions:

• I have an unconditional offer to study Journalism 📝
    • I'm predicted 'about' an AABB, but exams are a fair distance away!
    • I did have an interview just before Christmas - I was somewhat nervous, but I remembered how much I wanted to do this course, so turned any anxiety into passion ☺️
    • Of course I'm looking forward to actually studying at a higher level than before, but who isn't looking forward to the student life, meeting new friends, parties and work experience? 🎉

I guess my only question at this time is what is freshers/ integration weeks like? I'm sure quite a few people are nervous to meet new friends, so it would be nice to have a sense of what it's all like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin Wareing)
    I guess my only question at this time is what is freshers/ integration weeks like? I'm sure quite a few people are nervous to meet new friends, so it would be nice to have a sense of what it's all like!
    Hey Benjamin. I'm a current 3rd year at Staffs, and I thought I would jump in and answer your question 😊

Fresher's Week can be quite the blur, as there are so many things that are going on. For some it may seem quite overwhelming, and if you find yourself in that situation there will be student ambassadors and people from the student union that will be dotted about if you have an queries, especially on move in day.

My advice would be to just dive in head first and get involved with anything and everything that you can. Once you've settled into halls, see what your new roommates are doing and see if you can plan some stuff together. Admittedly I hate football, but ended up playing a 'friendly' game of 5-a-side on the astro and had some fun. The nights out on campus are great, especially the Gobble nights where you get to dress up in fancy dress (if you're into that kind of thing, haha). Just go with the flow and have some fun 😄

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sam ☺️

- I have unconditional offers for Film Production and Post-Production, both of which I am super proud of.
    - My A Level target grades are AAA
    - I'm most looking forward to having a fresh start and making new friends, as well as doing something I love full time

I find introducing myself and having confidence in making good first impressions incredibly difficult, how easy is it to make friends?

Looking forward to accepting one of my offers and joining in September ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi =)

I got a conditional offer for the Film Production top up.
    I am currently studying an FdSc in film and television.

I am most looking forward to starting the course and choosing my actual modules.

I have a question. The condition said "This offer is subject to you obtaining Send in Copies of Level 3+ certificates as declared on application"
    What does this mean? I imagine it would be on completion of the course I am on now. Anything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin Wareing)
    Hi Sam!

I'm thinking about starting at Staffs this coming September!

In answer to your questions:

• I have an unconditional offer to study Journalism 📝
    • I'm predicted 'about' an AABB, but exams are a fair distance away!
    • I did have an interview just before Christmas - I was somewhat nervous, but I remembered how much I wanted to do this course, so turned any anxiety into passion ☺️
    • Of course I'm looking forward to actually studying at a higher level than before, but who isn't looking forward to the student life, meeting new friends, parties and work experience? 🎉

Hi Benjamin,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer!

So glad to hear you are passionate about journalism, our best students are our most passionate.

I get that freshers can be daunting, but one thing I will say is that Staffordshire as a whole is such a welcoming community and the university is no exception. The staff and students here bend over backwards to help and get to know each other with is great.

There will be lots of activities and social events going on throughout freshers, so if I could sum it up in one word it would be FUN! You'll feel a real buzz throughout the university and like Drew said, it's best to just throw yourself in to it. Remember that everyone is in the same boat and are just as keen to make friends.

We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_Jane)
    Hi Sam ☺️

- I have unconditional offers for Film Production and Post-Production, both of which I am super proud of.
    - I'm most looking forward to having a fresh start and making new friends, as well as doing something I love full time

I find introducing myself and having confidence in making good first impressions incredibly difficult, how easy is it to make friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Amelia,

Congratulations, you should be super proud!

Meeting new people and making friends can be daunting, but when you start university you quickly realise that everyone is in the same boat. I'm sure you would really appreciate someone coming up to you and introducing themselves, so why not do the same?

This is a really friendly university with a great sense of community, so I have no doubts that you will make lots of friends and wonder what you were worrying about

Sam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMH94)
    Hi =)

I got a conditional offer for the Film Production top up.
    I am currently studying an FdSc in film and television.

I am most looking forward to starting the course and choosing my actual modules.

I have a question. The condition said "This offer is subject to you obtaining Send in Copies of Level 3+ certificates as declared on application"
    What does this mean? I imagine it would be on completion of the course I am on now. Anything else?
    Hi,

Congratulations, that's great!

Have you been enjoying your studies so far?

Yes, you just need to make sure that you achieve the Level 3+ grades which you put down on your application and then send proof of this via copies of your certificates.

Best of luck!

Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staffordshire University)
    Hi,

Congratulations, that's great!

Have you been enjoying your studies so far?

Yes, you just need to make sure that you achieve the Level 3+ grades which you put down on your application and then send proof of this via copies of your certificates.

Best of luck!

Sam

That seems easy enough to do. Thank you =)

My studies have been ok so far. Looking forward to starting at Staffs so my experiences can get better though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_Jane)
    Hi Sam ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. First of all congratulations on your achievements and offers. I am a current student at Staffordshire university and i just wanted to reassure you that you will be fine finding friends here. I also find it incredibly difficult meeting people. Everyone is in the same boat and remember just to be friendly and you will find the people you are meant to be with. As a little side note the people you meet in the first couple of weeks may be the people you are friends with for the rest of university or you may never speak to them again but that isnt your only chance to make friends. I have two best friends here one i met the first week but the other one i didnt meet until near the end of the first semester. Just do your best and appear confident even if you dont feel it. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sam, My name is Alexina

I have an offer for law with a foundation, which I am going to switch to policing and criminal investigation after the first year doing law.
    I didn't have an interview i just got an offer.
    I am most looking forward to meeting new lifelong friends and actually being able to learn something of my own interest.
    The question i have for you is, what is the best accommodation in the University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexina.o)
    Hi Sam, My name is Alexina

I have an offer for law with a foundation, which I am going to switch to policing and criminal investigation after the first year doing law.
    I didn't have an interview i just got an offer.
    I am most looking forward to meeting new lifelong friends and actually being able to learn something of my own interest.
    The question i have for you is, what is the best accommodation in the University?
    Hi Alexina,

Congratulations on your offer! That sounds like it's going to be really interesting!

Much of our accommodation has been recently renovated, but my personal favourite is Leek Road Houses. It has brand new everything! The living rooms are really spacious with leather sofas wall mounted TV's, the kitchen is also really big and the ones I have been in have big islands in the middle which make it a great social space too. The bedrooms are really cute and cosy, the type of place you would actually want to spend time in. You can have a look at some 360's if you like - http://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life...accommodation/

Hope this helps

Sam.

ReputationRep:

This is your chance to get to know each other before you start and ask me any questions you may have.
    So…

Sam

If I apply for a student parking permit, will I be guanteed a parking space?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9879035257)
    If I apply for a student parking permit, will I be guanteed a parking space?
    Hi,
    No I am afraid that having a parking permit does not guarentee you a parking space at the university.

ReputationRep:

So…

Sam

Hi Sam!

My name is Emilija I've had a conditional turned unconditional offer for Modern & International History, which I'm really happy about. I've always wanted to go to staffs so it's really exciting! I've just got a question about what goes on during the "freshers" week for first years? (Please excuse me if I got the name wrong.) Is it just about getting to know the campus and the people at staffs?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embould)
    Hi Sam!

My name is Emilija I've had a conditional turned unconditional offer for Modern & International History, which I'm really happy about. I've always wanted to go to staffs so it's really exciting! I've just got a question about what goes on during the "freshers" week for first years? (Please excuse me if I got the name wrong.) Is it just about getting to know the campus and the people at staffs?

Thanks!

Hi there, firstly congratulations on your offer. Obviously I am not Sam but I am a current student at Staffordshire university and have been through freshers week (or what we call welcome week at staffs) once as a fresher and once as a second year. Freshers week is all aimed to get you settled into life at staffs. The Saturday is devoted to getting those living on campus moved in and all the paperwork done to sign you up to the uni. Saturday night usually has a nice in party at the on campus nightclub. Sunday is all aimed at those not living on campus and getting their paperwork done. It's also a good chance for those living on campus and away from home to get to know flat mates and find their way around.
    The week then consists of some sessions in uni aimed to get you ready for the first week of teaching and getting to know your tutors and classmates. There are also lots of students union activities going on including the clubs and societies fair and the freshers fair (lots of freebies so worth a look). Other than that unpacking, getting to know people and getting to know your way around takes up most of the time. Hope this helped a bit and I'm sure other people might be able to the you a different perspective but thats mine

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have just received an offer from Stafford to do adult nursing at the Shrewsbury campus. The down side to this campus is that there is no accommodation for students, so I wondering if there is anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction to find the reasonable accommodation for students around shrewsberry.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samcs)
    Hi

I have just received an offer from Stafford to do adult nursing at the Shrewsbury campus. The down side to this campus is that there is no accommodation for students, so I wondering if there is anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction to find the reasonable accommodation for students around shrewsberry.

Thank you
    Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer and we can't wait to welcome you to the university!

Our students' union runs a letting agency called GreenPad. If you get in contact with them, they will be able to help you find a good home. They inspect and vet local properties and landlords to make sure that you are renting safely!

https://www.staffsunion.com/greenpad/

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good Luck!
    Jasmine

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all you offer holders! I'm Zach current student at Staffs uni and digital student ambassador, it's not long now until September will soon be here! Just like I did I imagine you have tonnes of questions or worries? Well I've put together a little blog post online to help settle any last minute or queries about the campus some are a little more abstract and not the every day questions people ask and ones some people don't usually answer! It also has useful links and will take you to the student blog site where a world of information and advise awaits you straight from students.

http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-bl...to-university/

ReputationRep:
    I started at Staffs in 2015 but I've just switched courses and will be in my first year again (again). I've requested to join the new students 2017/18 Facebook group but my request isn't being granted. I'm guessing because I haven't enrolled on my new course yet so I'm not on the uni's system as a new student yet? Will it let me after I get the email to enrol? I'm desperate to try and find my new course mates

Also, anyone here going to be studying English Lit?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.