The Student Room Group

No Response from UOB.

Hi guys, I sent my ucas application off on the 5th of December and I have recived 4 offers so far. However, I am still waiting for the University of Birmingham to reply. On their acknowledgment email it says they will usually respond within 15 working days, but I still have nothing. My friends, who also applied during the same time have received emails saying that their application has been revewied by the admissions team and is now in further consideration by the admissions tutor. Therefore my question is, does this mean I have a high chances of being rejected? I'm really worried!!

I applied for the Beng in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently doing the BTEC extended diploma in engineering and predicted D* D* D* which they accept, also I am predicted a grade B for my relevant EPQ. I have done many other extra curricular activities like summer schools and got 3 weeks of work experience in a mechanical engineering place. Additionally, I have applied for the A2B scheme too. So, what are my chances of getting in?

Sorry for the long email, I'm just really worried I won't get into my dream uni!!!!😞
Reply 1
Original post by Azizul98
Hi guys, I sent my ucas application off on the 5th of December and I have recived 4 offers so far. However, I am still waiting for the University of Birmingham to reply. On their acknowledgment email it says they will usually respond within 15 working days, but I still have nothing. My friends, who also applied during the same time have received emails saying that their application has been revewied by the admissions team and is now in further consideration by the admissions tutor. Therefore my question is, does this mean I have a high chances of being rejected? I'm really worried!!

I applied for the Beng in Mechanical Engineering. I am currently doing the BTEC extended diploma in engineering and predicted D* D* D* which they accept, also I am predicted a grade B for my relevant EPQ. I have done many other extra curricular activities like summer schools and got 3 weeks of work experience in a mechanical engineering place. Additionally, I have applied for the A2B scheme too. So, what are my chances of getting in?

Sorry for the long email, I'm just really worried I won't get into my dream uni!!!!😞

Due to Christmas, the admission staff won't have been in. So although it has been nearly a month since you applied, it hasn't been the 15 working days yet. You just need to be more patient.
Reply 2
Birmingham took me more than a month to reply, but I still got an offer.

Don't stress about it.
Reply 3
Original post by trythis
Birmingham took me more than a month to reply, but I still got an offer.

Don't stress about it.

Thanks mate, I was just a bit worried as I don't have a strong set of GCSEs mainly Cs, thats why i keep worrying that their going to reject me. I just hope that they can see that I've improved a lot since school and offer me a place👏🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending