Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just been accepted to do musical theatre this year and I'm really stuck on which halls of residence to apply too. I hear good things about roeburn and Liberty court and I wanted some opinions, I want to have a good size room, my own bathroom and a really good time !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloefrancis99)
    I've just been accepted to do musical theatre this year and I'm really stuck on which halls of residence to apply too. I hear good things about roeburn and Liberty court and I wanted some opinions, I want to have a good size room, my own bathroom and a really good time !
    Hi Chloe

Great to hear you're coming to UCLan! I think you'll have a really great time here.

In terms of living, Roeburn is a really popular option for those who want an en suite bathroom. It's £99.54 per week which is slightly more than some of the cheaper flats like Ribble and Whitendale but if you really want your own bathroom then it's worth looking at!

Another popular choice is IQ Preston which isn't owned by UCLan but is leased by the university for students to live in. It costs £99.54 per week as well and every flat has en suite bathrooms and a lounge area (Roeburn also has a lounge area). IQ also has a communal area for all residents to use with Sky TV, a pool table and seating.

Both are on campus and are very close to all the university buildings so getting to your lectures won't be a problem.

You could also look at Boatmans Court/Bowran House (also leased by UCLan) which is between £97.37 and £99.47 per week and also Lawson Hall (UCLan owned) which is £97.37 per week.

If you get a chance, come along to one of the Open Days. The next ones are:

Saturday 25 March, 9am-3pm
    Friday 23 June, 9am-3pm
    Saturday 24 June, 9am-3pm

You'll get to look around the different kinds of accommodation so you know exactly what you'll be getting

As a student myself (I lived in Eden Hall in my first year) I'd say there's not much difference between them. It's mainly down to personal preference because your flatmates are down to complete chance as well! :goodluck:

Let me know if you have any other questions and hopefully I helped you out a bit.

Molly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.