Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend. We used to talk loads then all of a sudden started talking to me less and less, and to my other friend more and more. It's really hurt me, like 'I'm bored of you now so I'm going to talk to someone else'. If I was to give him the silent treatment, he wouldn't even notice. I get annoyed when the other friend talks about him; it makes me jealous and sad too.

I said to him he upset me but not for that reason, but because he was a little bit rude a couple of times. I've not mentioned that I'm hurt because he talks to me less; I suppose it's a pride thing. It sounds a bit childish and stupid, being like 'pls talk to me more'.

I'm sort of cutting him off but I actually really want to be friends with him. But I feel so hurt by him. So my options are cut him off or try to stay friends. I've already unfriended him on Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I've been there. It happens sometimes at the end of the day if you've been grown up about it to the friend and expressed how you feel and there's no change in their behaviour then just try and leave it there. The person has other friends and so should you. People distance sometimes and the older I get the more I realise it happens to everyone. Although it hurts sometimes you need to say enough is enough and stop begging that person for affection.

ReputationRep:
    You in love with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriellakhan)
    You in love with him?
    No, he is gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    I've been there. It happens sometimes at the end of the day if you've been grown up about it to the friend and expressed how you feel and there's no change in their behaviour then just try and leave it there. The person has other friends and so should you. People distance sometimes and the older I get the more I realise it happens to everyone. Although it hurts sometimes you need to say enough is enough and stop begging that person for affection.
    Yes I think you're completely right, it's not good to force things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdefghijk123)
    Yes I think you're completely right, it's not good to force things
    Use it as a lesson for next time. It sounds harsh but maybe you need to be more cautious of who you invest your time and effort to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.