Anyone else not have a mobile phone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only one surely...

ReputationRep:
    join the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcencima)
    join the club
    It's very uncommon these days, pretty much a necessity to have one.

ReputationRep:
    me too but its temporary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absoul)
    me too but its temporary
    thats my situation because i broke my past two phones so my parents wont buy me one until i finish school

ReputationRep:
    I've got a very old Nokia that used to belong to my mother. Rarley use it, only if i'm going somewhere I'm likely to need a lift or if I need to text my boss. Don't see the point tbh, I've got a laptop and a tablet, between the two of them I can do everything a smartphone can do. Plus, why are phones so fancy these days? Half the crap on them is unnecessary and way, way too overpriced!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    I've got a very old Nokia that used to belong to my mother. Rarley use it, only if i'm going somewhere I'm likely to need a lift or if I need to text my boss. Don't see the point tbh, I've got a laptop and a tablet, between the two of them I can do everything a smartphone can do. Plus, why are phones so fancy these days? Half the crap on them is unnecessary and way, way too overpriced!!
    ikr

ReputationRep:
    Don't you call/text friends and family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcencima)
    thats my situation because i broke my past two phones so my parents wont buy me one until i finish school
    lool well for me it's just been sent off to a samsung repair store so it should be back next week

ReputationRep:
    me too but its temporary
    I have had one before but I didn't use it for its main purpose - calling/texting because it had to no SIM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Don't you call/text friends and family?
    I just use facebook for that, you can message, call, or video chat on messenger and it's free! I'm just too tight to actually pay for a contract or top-ups lol

ReputationRep:
    lool well for me it's just been sent off to a samsung repair store so it should be back next week
    mine ran out of warranty lol

ReputationRep:
    i have one of those as well it basically becomes a small tablet without a sim
    (Original post by cbreef)
    I have had one before but I didn't use it for its main purpose - calling/texting because it had to no SIM.

ReputationRep:
    I just use facebook for that, you can message, call, or video chat on messenger and it's free! I'm just too tight to actually pay for a contract or top-ups lol
    The drawback is that Facebook has been known to steal and even sell your information so...

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit sad if you don't tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you're happy to have the exact functionality of a phone, only slightly less portable, and have someone else pick up the bill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    So basically you're happy to have the exact functionality of a phone, only slightly less portable, and have someone else pick up the bill?
    Don't forget the selfie avatar

ReputationRep:
    Then it is not that old. I would call it old if you have Snake and Space Impact games on your Nokia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Precisely that, may as well reap the full benefits of still living at home while I can :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 23six)
    Don't forget the selfie avatar
    Aha, got me there. It does live most of it's life in my drawer though, selfies occur on a rare basis

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.