lp1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, i am hoping to go to university in 2017 after having done a level 3 apprenticeship in social media and digital marketing. I am planning to study marketing. My qualifications are:

GCSE -
Art and Design A
Science C
Additional Science C
English Language C
English Literature C
Maths C
ICT B
Religious Studies B
Business Studies C
Religious Studies (Short Course) A

Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Social Media in the Business Skills Sector (Skills CFA)

Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - City and Guilds (9 modules) Marked PASS/FAIL
Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns (2 credits) PASS
Imaging Software (4 credits) PASS
Level 3 Principles of Social Media within a Business (6 credits) PASS
Level 3 Principles of Keywords and Optimisations (5 credits) PASS
Level 3 Social Networking Management for a Business (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Using collaborative technologies (6 credits) PASS
Level 3 Content Management System Website Creation (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Creating an Optimising Content for the Web (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels (4 credits) PASS
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LucyPietrafesa)
Hi, i am hoping to go to university in 2017 after having done a level 3 apprenticeship in social media and digital marketing. I am planning to study marketing. My qualifications are:

GCSE -
Art and Design A
Science C
Additional Science C
English Language C
English Literature C
Maths C
ICT B
Religious Studies B
Business Studies C
Religious Studies (Short Course) A

Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Social Media in the Business Skills Sector (Skills CFA)

Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - City and Guilds (9 modules) Marked PASS/FAIL
Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns (2 credits) PASS
Imaging Software (4 credits) PASS
Level 3 Principles of Social Media within a Business (6 credits) PASS
Level 3 Principles of Keywords and Optimisations (5 credits) PASS
Level 3 Social Networking Management for a Business (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Using collaborative technologies (6 credits) PASS
Level 3 Content Management System Website Creation (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Creating an Optimising Content for the Web (7 credits) PASS
Level 3 Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels (4 credits) PASS
This isn't something anyone can answer for you on TSR - you need to contact universities you're interested in and ask them if they'll accept applications for Marketing degrees from someone with a level 3 apprenticeship.

Your qualifications are very practically focused so it might be that more theoretical degrees would be less likely to accept them. https://www.cim.co.uk/more/get-into-marketing/ is a good place to look to find industry accredited and focused marketing degrees.
lp1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
This isn't something anyone can answer for you on TSR - you need to contact universities you're interested in and ask them if they'll accept applications for Marketing degrees from someone with a level 3 apprenticeship.

Your qualifications are very practically focused so it might be that more theoretical degrees would be less likely to accept them. https://www.cim.co.uk/more/get-into-marketing/ is a good place to look to find industry accredited and focused marketing degrees.
Thanks, I have been emailing schools, I was just hoping some people might have had similar experiences as it's only 10 days until application is due, and I have only heard back from one of the schools i've contacted.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LucyPietrafesa)
Thanks, I have been emailing schools, I was just hoping some people might have had similar experiences as it's only 10 days until application is due, and I have only heard back from one of the schools i've contacted.
Ring them up

Emails wont get answered quickly - staff will be too busy dealing with emails from over the christmas break.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads