Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which uni's would accept my qualifications? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am hoping to go to university in 2017 after having done a level 3 apprenticeship in social media and digital marketing. I am planning to study marketing. My qualifications are:

GCSE -
    Art and Design A
    Science C
    Additional Science C
    English Language C
    English Literature C
    Maths C
    ICT B
    Religious Studies B
    Business Studies C
    Religious Studies (Short Course) A

Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Social Media in the Business Skills Sector (Skills CFA)

Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - City and Guilds (9 modules) Marked PASS/FAIL
    Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns (2 credits) PASS
    Imaging Software (4 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Principles of Social Media within a Business (6 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Principles of Keywords and Optimisations (5 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Social Networking Management for a Business (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Using collaborative technologies (6 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Content Management System Website Creation (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Creating an Optimising Content for the Web (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels (4 credits) PASS
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPietrafesa)
    Hi, i am hoping to go to university in 2017 after having done a level 3 apprenticeship in social media and digital marketing. I am planning to study marketing. My qualifications are:

GCSE -
    Art and Design A
    Science C
    Additional Science C
    English Language C
    English Literature C
    Maths C
    ICT B
    Religious Studies B
    Business Studies C
    Religious Studies (Short Course) A

Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Social Media in the Business Skills Sector (Skills CFA)

Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business - City and Guilds (9 modules) Marked PASS/FAIL
    Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns (2 credits) PASS
    Imaging Software (4 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Principles of Social Media within a Business (6 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Principles of Keywords and Optimisations (5 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Social Networking Management for a Business (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Using collaborative technologies (6 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Content Management System Website Creation (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Creating an Optimising Content for the Web (7 credits) PASS
    Level 3 Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels (4 credits) PASS
    This isn't something anyone can answer for you on TSR - you need to contact universities you're interested in and ask them if they'll accept applications for Marketing degrees from someone with a level 3 apprenticeship.

Your qualifications are very practically focused so it might be that more theoretical degrees would be less likely to accept them. https://www.cim.co.uk/more/get-into-marketing/ is a good place to look to find industry accredited and focused marketing degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    This isn't something anyone can answer for you on TSR - you need to contact universities you're interested in and ask them if they'll accept applications for Marketing degrees from someone with a level 3 apprenticeship.

Your qualifications are very practically focused so it might be that more theoretical degrees would be less likely to accept them. https://www.cim.co.uk/more/get-into-marketing/ is a good place to look to find industry accredited and focused marketing degrees.
    Thanks, I have been emailing schools, I was just hoping some people might have had similar experiences as it's only 10 days until application is due, and I have only heard back from one of the schools i've contacted.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPietrafesa)
    Thanks, I have been emailing schools, I was just hoping some people might have had similar experiences as it's only 10 days until application is due, and I have only heard back from one of the schools i've contacted.
    Ring them up

Emails wont get answered quickly - staff will be too busy dealing with emails from over the christmas break.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.