Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to go clubbing and looking for girls, then trying to dance with them. It worked sometimes, and i ended up kissing them etc. But obviously they're not the most classy of girls...

Anyways, Lately i find that i'm clubbing and just dancing like an idiot not caring, not trying to get girls...just being with my friends. I keep getting people after me now, and it's really weird. People dance next to me then follow me accross the dancefloor and then when i go to the bar, and they don't always hide it. People keep grabbing my ass in clubs, people compliment me randomly and tell me they think i'm hot and stuff, lol.

But, for the girls i do actually like that do this, i have absolutely no idea what to say to them.
    Last night for example, some really pretty blonde girl kept dancing next to me with her friend...and when my friends moved away and i followed them, they followed me...and this blonde kept looking at me, but trying to hide it...i knew she liked me, but she wasn't some slutty type girl...i wanted to hook up with her, but i had absolutely no idea what to say to her! I figured she was hoping i'd approach her, trying to be subtle, lol.

I didn't wanna just dance with her, as i figured most nice girls don't like that. So what am i supposed to do, wave and say "Hi my names Gary!, What's yours?" lol. That's just gay, how the hell do i start conversation with random people?

By the way, i'm confident. I don't have problems with talking to girls or anything, i just have no idea how to start things off. I'm also *not* big headed!

ReputationRep:
    Well next time that happens, dance with them, then offer to buy them a drink.. then the talking will probably just come along naturally. Most people dont tend to think of a club as a place to meet their next boyfriend/girlfriend, but it still happens sometimes, I met mine in a club at Uni

ReputationRep:
    I want to put my magic wand in your fairy cave.

ReputationRep:
    Just start chatting to them, "hiya, you having a nice evening?do you come here often?:p:"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Oh my god...I can't believe it...that just might work...!!!

ReputationRep:
    "I want to be your derivative, so I can lay tangent to your curves" (just hope she's a mathematician)
    but on a serious note, just ask her her name, how she is or something and like somebody else suggested, offer to buy her a drink.

ReputationRep:
    Well, personally I'd probably just go and say, "Hey, pretty good night huh?" Get her dancing, make some small talk, then "Let me buy you a drink."

Btw, you should know I've never attempted or done such a thing myself (as in, chat someone up in a club) - but that presumably is what I would do, if I were to chat someone up in a club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Ah I see you've read the Harry Potter chat up lines book.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, thanks for the suggestions. They still sound a little "cliche" though.

Well, i don't know why asking for her name is weird...it just seems it, am i the only one that thinks so?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.