Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I let myself down in my mocks... This was mainly because I have timing issues that have improved recently as I used to get D's due to the lack of writing but has improved a bit (I plan to improve even more for my real GCSEs) Will this score affect my chances to get into Sixthforms and colleges? I really wanna get as many A's and A*'s as I can as I know I can do it (Hopefully lol ) Because I really procrastinated at the start of the year and family issues, lack of sleep e.t.c It sucked...
    What I got in my Mocks:
    Art: A
    Maths: 5
    Philosophy: C
    Physics: C
    English: 5
    French: B
    Spanish B
    Biology: B
    Chemistry: B
    And also I'm really worried as I haven't sent any applications into any Sixthform/Colleges but I am doing them now and I have found a few that their deadlines are the 1st of Feb instead of in October (When I should of done them... I don't understand any of these things as I didn't get much support...) Am I in trouble?
    Any Suggestions pleeeeaaaasssseeee I'm stressing >.>

ReputationRep:
    tbh, if your predicted grades are worse than this, sixth forms will think you have improved bc sometimes mocks are harder than the actual GCSEs therefore shows improvement and if your predicted grades are better than these grades, then they will probably cut you some slack bc they know the mocks may be harder than the real exam, so they know you'll achieve your predicted.

I guess its about which sixth form(s) you apply to, and their standards bc no doubt you will be compared to other ppl that apply. Just don't overthink it and apply to as many places near you!

ReputationRep:
    I got mostly Bs and a couple of Cs for my mocks and I thought they were harder than the actual exam. I would say they are not bad at all, as long as you put in the effort, it will be fine. My actually grades came out better than my mock grades and I passed everything. For sixth form, they didn't look at my mock exam results at all, and you should be fine getting in with Bs. I got into my sixth form like that, but I've now to switched to BTEC 🤗 good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No...not at all. And I spent ages looking around sixth forms to find the right one with the right entry requirements... ended up staying where I was and I'm really happy I did now. Sixth forms don't care about mocks, not every school does them officially anyway, they only care about predicted grades and then, what you actually got. You are really not in trouble.

In my mocks I got AAABCCDDF
    Ended up getting AAABBBBBC in my actual GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    Those mock grades are fine. In the long run they mean very little. Apply to places while you still can. On results day many sixth forms will be happy to take you on provided you met their grade requirements regardless of whether you applied there or not.

ReputationRep:
    They're good results- I think the general rule is people usually improve by one grade in between mocks and the actual exams, but this obvious depends on how much work you put in; I know someone who went up by three grades and someone else who got worse in their GCSE's than they did in mocks. For applying to sixth form, I think they'd be fine for everywhere that I've seen

ReputationRep:
    Did u take edexcel french-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviastrubel)
    Did u take edexcel french-
    No, they are all AQA (but I can't remember what my Philosophy exam board is )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura Blossom)
    I feel like I let myself down in my mocks... This was mainly because I have timing issues that have improved recently as I used to get D's due to the lack of writing but has improved a bit (I plan to improve even more for my real GCSEs) Will this score affect my chances to get into Sixthforms and colleges? I really wanna get as many A's and A*'s as I can as I know I can do it (Hopefully lol ) Because I really procrastinated at the start of the year and family issues, lack of sleep e.t.c It sucked...
    What I got in my Mocks:
    Art: A
    Maths: 5
    Philosophy: C
    Physics: C
    English: 5
    French: B
    Spanish B
    Biology: B
    Chemistry: B
    And also I'm really worried as I haven't sent any applications into any Sixthform/Colleges but I am doing them now and I have found a few that their deadlines are the 1st of Feb instead of in October (When I should of done them... I don't understand any of these things as I didn't get much support...) Am I in trouble?
    Any Suggestions pleeeeaaaasssseeee I'm stressing >.>
    These results are great! Don't be demotivated by these results, they should motivate you because if you feel like you could've done better then revise more and show that for your next mocks, if you don't have another set of mocks then show that you can do better in your GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    colleges arent that bothered by mock grades (unless you plan on going to a grammar school 6th form or something). they know that your actual gcse grades will be way better than that. don't worry, you're doing well

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the possibility! I'm now applying for to schools that have deadlines at Feb but I am really annoyed that I didn't know the deadline for applications were earlier (No one really informed me lol and I forgot to check.. Silly meee )
    But anyways lol thanks <3

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, they're fine. A lot of the time, mocks are harder or marked harsher than the actual exam whatever level of study you are at- in my GCSE mocks I got something like an E in physics, a U in chemistry and a B or C in english lit.

However, in my real exams i got 3 A*, 6A, B, C, receiving an A for all three sciences, and now I'm about to do an english degree! Mocks aren't everything and although they are important and you should revise (which I've now learnt to do), focus on doing well in your real exams and try not to stress too much
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I go to a grammar school 6th form. Honestly, don't panic. Try to raise your predicted grades by re sitting a mock if you're allowed to, or asking to do extra essays which is what I did for english
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Its not bad at all!

My mock grades- ABBBBCCDDDD

My real grades- AAABBBBCCCD

You'll definitely get better, just make sure to keep up the revision!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    Its not bad at all!

My mock grades- ABBBBCCDDDD

My real grades- AAABBBBCCCD

You'll definitely get better, just make sure to keep up the revision!
    Just like the previous poster, i'm also in a grammar school sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    Just like the previous poster, i'm also in a grammar school sixth form
    Thanks for the encouragement! At least I know if I were to get a 'Bad' mark on one of my languages in GCSE (Maybe a C or B lol) I will be okay as I took my GCSE Madarin in year 10 and got an A* (297/300- But I'm half Chinese ) But thanks for this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.