The Student Room Group

UUU to A*A*A* in 5 months?

Okay so I'm probably not at UUU probably DEE or something but is this possible? Been lazy and yet to start learning stuff let alone revising, taking biology chemistry maths. How much work will i need to put in? First exam just over 5 months away

Scroll to see replies

Anything's possible but to go from DEE to A* A* A* will mean 0 life for the next 5 months and a lot of cans of red bull,cups of coffee and whatever the hell else you need to stay awake as well and even that might not be enough,so to summarise possible yes probably one of the hardest things you could ever do yes
what subjects
If this is to get into uni, I wouldn't bother. If you're too lazy to study for your A levels, imo you don't deserve uni.
Original post by years101
what subjects

Op is taking Biology,Chemistry and Maths as in the original post
Reply 5
Original post by MatthewP15
Anything's possible but to go from DEE to A* A* A* will mean 0 life for the next 5 months and a lot of cans of red bull,cups of coffee and whatever the hell else you need to stay awake as well and even that might not be enough,so to summarise possible yes probably one of the hardest things you could ever do yes

How about AAA?
AAA is more realistic.
Reply 7
Original post by CarysJSLewis
If this is to get into uni, I wouldn't bother. If you're too lazy to study for your A levels, imo you don't deserve uni.

Don't need 3A* for uni
AAA is more realistic but would still require a hell of a lot of effort and grinding
Reply 9
Original post by years101
AAA is more realistic.

Yeah, those are the grades I need
Original post by epistasis
Yeah, those are the grades I need

What did you get at AS?
If you got what you said DEE then is there much point applying for AAA or A*AA courses when a few uni's would probably look on your results and wonder why your applying that much higher up than what you got?
Reply 11
What did you get at AS?
If you got what you said DEE then is there much point applying for AAA or A*AA courses when a few uni's would probably look on your results and wonder why your applying that much higher up than what you got?

No at AS I got ABBB and all my unis have given me interviews for medicine. It's just currently if I sat my A levels I would get EEE or something
No at AS I got ABBB and all my unis have given me interviews for medicine. It's just currently if I sat my A levels I would get EEE or something

Ah right,fair enough,that'll make it a lot easier for your exams then if your AS knowledge is strong enough to get decent grades like that I'd imagine.
Reply 13
Ah right,fair enough,that'll make it a lot easier for your exams then if your AS knowledge is strong enough to get decent grades like that I'd imagine.

I've forgot it all lol I just crammed 3 week before exams
I've forgot it all lol I just crammed 3 week before exams

Ah same with me with psychology and computer science theory but when you come back round to revising it trust me the knowledge you had last year 90% will still be intact its just learning to use it all again and all the methods etc
If you have some aptitude then you should be able to do it. 5 months is a long time.
Reply 16
Ah same with me with psychology and computer science theory but when you come back round to revising it trust me the knowledge you had last year 90% will still be intact its just learning to use it all again and all the methods etc

Yes I really hope so, going to start to today
Reply 17
Original post by ByronicHero
If you have some aptitude then you should be able to do it. 5 months is a long time.

Reassuring, thanks
Reply 18
Hi
I got bcc in my mocks last year. My revision technique was really bad. But now im sacred if ive run out of time to get 3As at a level. Any advice.....please😃
What were your maths AS UMS?

Quick Reply

Latest