Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm probably not at UUU probably DEE or something but is this possible? Been lazy and yet to start learning stuff let alone revising, taking biology chemistry maths. How much work will i need to put in? First exam just over 5 months away

ReputationRep:
    Anything's possible but to go from DEE to A* A* A* will mean 0 life for the next 5 months and a lot of cans of red bull,cups of coffee and whatever the hell else you need to stay awake as well and even that might not be enough,so to summarise possible yes probably one of the hardest things you could ever do yes

what subjects

ReputationRep:
    If this is to get into uni, I wouldn't bother. If you're too lazy to study for your A levels, imo you don't deserve uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by years101)
    what subjects
    Op is taking Biology,Chemistry and Maths as in the original post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewP15)
    Anything's possible but to go from DEE to A* A* A* will mean 0 life for the next 5 months and a lot of cans of red bull,cups of coffee and whatever the hell else you need to stay awake as well and even that might not be enough,so to summarise possible yes probably one of the hardest things you could ever do yes
    How about AAA?

AAA is more realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    If this is to get into uni, I wouldn't bother. If you're too lazy to study for your A levels, imo you don't deserve uni.
    Don't need 3A* for uni

ReputationRep:
    AAA is more realistic but would still require a hell of a lot of effort and grinding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by years101)
    AAA is more realistic.
    Yeah, those are the grades I need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epistasis)
    Yeah, those are the grades I need
    What did you get at AS?
    If you got what you said DEE then is there much point applying for AAA or A*AA courses when a few uni's would probably look on your results and wonder why your applying that much higher up than what you got?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get at AS?
    If you got what you said DEE then is there much point applying for AAA or A*AA courses when a few uni's would probably look on your results and wonder why your applying that much higher up than what you got?
    No at AS I got ABBB and all my unis have given me interviews for medicine. It's just currently if I sat my A levels I would get EEE or something

ReputationRep:
    No at AS I got ABBB and all my unis have given me interviews for medicine. It's just currently if I sat my A levels I would get EEE or something
    Ah right,fair enough,that'll make it a lot easier for your exams then if your AS knowledge is strong enough to get decent grades like that I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right,fair enough,that'll make it a lot easier for your exams then if your AS knowledge is strong enough to get decent grades like that I'd imagine.
    I've forgot it all lol I just crammed 3 week before exams

ReputationRep:
    I've forgot it all lol I just crammed 3 week before exams
    Ah same with me with psychology and computer science theory but when you come back round to revising it trust me the knowledge you had last year 90% will still be intact its just learning to use it all again and all the methods etc
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you have some aptitude then you should be able to do it. 5 months is a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Ah same with me with psychology and computer science theory but when you come back round to revising it trust me the knowledge you had last year 90% will still be intact its just learning to use it all again and all the methods etc
    Yes I really hope so, going to start to today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    If you have some aptitude then you should be able to do it. 5 months is a long time.
    Reassuring, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I got bcc in my mocks last year. My revision technique was really bad. But now im sacred if ive run out of time to get 3As at a level. Any advice.....please😃
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What were your maths AS UMS?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.