Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on my placement year (started in July 2016, running through to Sept 2017) and am living at home with my parents. I am aware that I was eligible for some form of finance but decided not to apply back in summer, now I need it. I have tried to go through the SFE website which is the most bare website I've ever had the misfortune of using, and have no idea how to apply for it (that's if I still can). The only options when applying are to be a full-time student or part-time, as I am neither I have no idea what to do to get around these.

Any help would be much appreciated (sorry for the small rant).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    HI, you would be deemed as a full time student on a placement. Applications can be made up to 9 months after the start of the academic year. Can you confirm the academic year you are on ? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks for the response. My degree started in the academic year of 14/15, and the finance I'm looking to apply for is for 16/17 - to clarify, this doesn't affect my ability to apply for a loan next year (my last year of study, 17/18)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.