The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP ME with my LLB Tort Coursework Question.

Hi guys, I am totally stuck on this coursework problem question. Its been days and I cant seem to understand the question.

After morning lectures at University, Gina treated her friend Adele by buying them both lunch at a local fast food restaurant, McGreedy’s. Gina had a salad and milkshake, and Adele opted for a hamburger and cola. Adele, being very hungry, took three large bites of her burger before she realised that it tasted very bad. She then lifted the bun off her burger and to her shock saw a large dead cockroach ground into the hamburger patty. Adele got violently ill and ended up in hospital with food poisoning due to the contaminated meat in her burger.
Adele worked part time in order to fund her University studies and because of the food poisoning she could not work and therefore missed several days’ pay. Adele was also due to attend an audition for a part in a movie, but could not make it because of the food poisoning. Had she landed the part she could have earned £10,000 for the role.
James works at McGreedy’s and prepared and served Adele the hamburger that made her ill. It transpires that James had dropped the hamburger on his way to serving it to Adele, but just picked it up and put it on the plate again. James is in charge of the kitchen and also serves as a waiter in busy times. In addition, a fellow worker secretly recorded on his mobile phone how dirty McGreedy’s is, with footage of the kitchen showing unwashed dishes and surfaces, food scraps left out, mouse droppings on the floor and raw meat being handled in ways that could lead to contamination.
Adele comes to you for advice. She has obtained the mobile video showing McGreedy’s dirty kitchen and shows it to you. She wants to know whether she has a legal claim. Fully advise her on what she could claim, what she would need to prove, and against whom she could institute action.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending