Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sheffield Dentistry Applicants 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsyaboy_tj)
    Nothing from sheffield yet either, natural to worry at his stage. Anyone received rejection yet? as im feeling this is where im going to be heading due to only 1A*, 4A's and 5B's gcse... anyone get an interview with similar or worse grades (Also 640 UKCAT A*AA pred in bio chem and maths)
    don't worry we can get rejected together D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkeshefkhan)
    2nd March
    See you there haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisrs)
    interview yay! it said in the email that this year all applicants have been invited for interview? is that a new thing or have they done it before??
    I think it means all applicants invited for an interview have to take part in all three stations. I'm not entirely sure, but that was my understanding of it!

The communication and professionalism stations are new this year - I believe it was a 20 minute panel interview before, with two members of staff and a senior student (as it will be this year too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahmina)
    I think it means all applicants invited for an interview have to take part in all three stations. I'm not entirely sure, but that was my understanding of it!

The communication and professionalism stations are new this year - I believe it was a 20 minute panel interview before, with two members of staff and a senior student (as it will be this year too).
    ahaha yeh that makes more sense! ah that's not too bad then!! I prefer that to mmi good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ahaha yeh that makes more sense! ah that's not too bad then!! I prefer that to mmi good luck!
    But people have found these two stations the most difficult at MMIs! :eek: Glad we've got a bit of info to give us a heads up though!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    interview yay! it said in the email that this year all applicants have been invited for interview? is that a new thing or have they done it before??
    Cardiff said that to people too but some applicants still got rejected. In honesty I'm not sure if that's the case. And well done for the interview

ReputationRep:
    Rang up today, all interviews already been sent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahmina)

I had an interview at sheff last year, they had the communication station and panel then too
    the professionalism one is new though

ReputationRep:
    last year they gave out all replies over three days
    first 2 days it was invites and they emailed everyone at the same time, around 11am (i know this bc me and a friend were sat together and got the notification at the same time haha)
    and the 3rd day they sent out rejections (i think thru ucas not email not sure tho)

and for a heads up
    they did the same with offers, they dragged out till like end of march and gave offers thru UCAS on the first 2 days in the evening
    and then rejections on the 3rd day
    i think theyre repeating that pattern?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for the third date yet (Friday 3rd March)?

ReputationRep:
    i think someone said they called yesterday and sheffield said they already gave out all their dentistry interviews. so maybe they changed it this year? like they give out all their interviews in one day and those who havent heard back are automatically rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morganblue68)
    Cardiff said that to people too but some applicants still got rejected. In honesty I'm not sure if that's the case. And well done for the interview
    yeh I think I interpreted it wrong- my bad!! and Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomer98)
    I had an interview at sheff last year, they had the communication station and panel then too
    the professionalism one is new though
    Oh, thanks for letting me know - I've not spoken to many first years, so I didn't know that!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually been rejected from Sheffield???

ReputationRep:
    have all the interviews really been given out? aww I really wanted to go to Sheffield.
    I've had interviews with KCL and Cardiff, hopefully I'll get at least one offer (haven't heard from Bristol or Sheffield)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaraglennon)
    No not yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaraglennon)
    just got rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passionfruitt)
    just got rejected
    Same :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passionfruitt)
    just got rejected
    (Original post by imogen490)
    Same :/
    Same, awks when you make the thread and have to leave it :P

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Sheffield is a campus uni or city uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.