Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like crying, but not actually crying. Watch

I feel very depressed now I am back from uni, as there's nothing to do, I can't go out for reasons. I also don't have many friends here. Also, the girl I love that I was getting over, doesn't like me, and it's all come back. We still talk sometimes but apparently she bought me a present but she won't come round to exchange gifts, so I thought she cared more than I thought but it turns out she don't. I feel sad and depressed a lot anyway, have done for the past year, I feel like life is ****, but if I think about my life I haven't got much to complain about, I don't think.
    -Been in love with her for over a year, she decided to stay with her current bf even though he cheats on her, suppose that's why she spoke to me a lot the other night...
    -Can't get over h er
    -Feel sad af a lot even for no reason (not because of that)
    -weird so can't get a gf( Say inappropriate things, or just come across as odd)
    -Only thing that makes me feel happier is being pissed or on drugs.
    How do I get over her, how do I stop feeling depressed most the time.
    Life will be better back at uni but I don't go back for a while.

Oh and because of that, and rejection or even rejection from having a relationship rather than sex, leaves me feeling sad and worthless.

ReputationRep:
    things will get better i guess although right now it seems like they wont. i know what you mean, you can get attached to your girlfriend very easily etc and maybe it will work out for you further down the line with her or someone else. i think you need to start getting into a routine, maybe do some exercise then uni work etc, cook a good meal and try meeting new people. it sucks when one of the parties loves the other more but i guess it wasnt meant to be. just keep your head up and dont let it gety you down to much, everything happens for a reason and you will probably come out the other side a better person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    things will get better i guess although right now it seems like they wont. i know what you mean, you can get attached to your girlfriend very easily etc and maybe it will work out for you further down the line with her or someone else. i think you need to start getting into a routine, maybe do some exercise then uni work etc, cook a good meal and try meeting new people. it sucks when one of the parties loves the other more but i guess it wasnt meant to be. just keep your head up and dont let it gety you down to much, everything happens for a reason and you will probably come out the other side a better person
    your right.

(Original post by neal95)
    No she's not my gf, I have a lot of friends at uni, and do cook at uni when I can be bothered. But I really love her.
    Also, I have got with other girls but they never want relationships

HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No she's not my gf, I have a lot of friends at uni, and do cook at uni when I can be bothered. But I really love her.
    Also, I have got with other girls but they never want relationships
    You've gotten with other girls but they don't want relationships? This means they only wanted sex? Why can't I meet girls like that???

(Original post by Newbie_noob)
    You've gotten with other girls but they don't want relationships? This means they only wanted sex? Why can't I meet girls like that???
    only 1-didn't have condom so no sex
    kissed a few, didn't lead to nothing more.
    But I don't want any other girl

ReputationRep:
    Curious as to why you can't go out?

ReputationRep:
    only 1-didn't have condom so no sex
    kissed a few, didn't lead to nothing more.
    But I don't want any other girl
    Unfortunately attraction is either there or not. If she really felt attracted to you she'd be with you-the truth is she doesn't. Her current bf may be a d!ck but she's still with him for a reason.

You cannot do much about it, she isn't worth your time mate. There are plenty of women, find someone else. Your only in uni man, this is the time to have fun not settle down, with time you'll forget about her (find something else to do to put your mind off her).

If she comes running back tell her to **** off, never settle to be her second choice-your better than that.

What's funny is that I'm 22, have never even kissed a girl but can give decent advice.

(Original post by starfab)
    Curious as to why you can't go out?
    live in the middle of no where, no car and I could get jumped.

ReputationRep:
    I feel very depressed now I am back from uni, as there's nothing to do, I can't go out for reasons. I also don't have many friends here. Also, the girl I love that I was getting over, doesn't like me, and it's all come back. We still talk sometimes but apparently she bought me a present but she won't come round to exchange gifts, so I thought she cared more than I thought but it turns out she don't. I feel sad and depressed a lot anyway, have done for the past year, I feel like life is ****, but if I think about my life I haven't got much to complain about, I don't think.
    -Been in love with her for over a year, she decided to stay with her current bf even though he cheats on her, suppose that's why she spoke to me a lot the other night...
    -Can't get over h er
    -Feel sad af a lot even for no reason (not because of that)
    -weird so can't get a gf( Say inappropriate things, or just come across as odd)
    -Only thing that makes me feel happier is being pissed or on drugs.
    How do I get over her, how do I stop feeling depressed most the time.
    Life will be better back at uni but I don't go back for a while.
    I know this feeling and it is awful. The pain feels like you'll never recover, it feels so bad you can't see how it ever could be okay again. It will be though, you will recover and move on, and I don't know the dynamics of this girl and your current relationship but it sounds like she enjoys you needing her and gives her a feeling of being wanted, which I'm guessing her cheating boyfriend makes her feel like ****. I know you love this girl but don't allow her to use you to massage her ego and fill the shortfalls of her boyfriend, I'm not saying she is doing this but if she's made her decision to stay with her boyfriend then contacting you says the opposite.
    Try not to use drugs and alcohol as a crutch for happiness or just not trying to feel depressed, it's a tough cycle to break and believe me when I say I know.

Just try to hang in there, once you're back at uni, you'll have friends to take your mind of **** and coursework to distract you - don't let this get in the way of your goals or living life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    live in the middle of no where, no car and I could get jumped.
    I'm sorry about what happened. But you have to make a choice and be committed to it. If she's decided to stay with her ex, there's nothing you can do about that. Now it's your choice whether you wallow in self-pity (as harsh as that sounds) or try to move on. To me it seems you are looking for a way to move on if you've posted this.
    Look to make yourself happy. Do things you enjoy. Hobbies?
    Seeing as you can't leave your house, you will have to look to occupy yourself at home. Things I can come up with off the top of my head are:
    -reading
    -writing
    -drawing/sketching/artsy stuff
    -starting your own blog (can be about anything)

Do you live alone or are there others there with you? If there are others you could play things together and do things together.

Do try to dtay off booze and drugs. In the long term they won't help. They will just suppress the issue for now and is a means of avoidance. They can scamper you getting over whats happened.

I know it's not easy. But honestly, with time you will heal. As much as that sucks. You just need to occupy yourself with fulfilling activities until then. And don't over think things.

(Original post by starfab)
    I'm sorry about what happened. But you have to make a choice and be committed to it. If she's decided to stay with her ex, there's nothing you can do about that. Now it's your choice whether you wallow in self-pity (as harsh as that sounds) or try to move on. To me it seems you are looking for a way to move on if you've posted this.
    Look to make yourself happy. Do things you enjoy. Hobbies?
    Seeing as you can't leave your house, you will have to look to occupy yourself at home. Things I can come up with off the top of my head are:
    -reading
    -writing
    -drawing/sketching/artsy stuff
    -starting your own blog (can be about anything)

Do you live alone or are there others there with you? If there are others you could play things together and do things together.

Do try to dtay off booze and drugs. In the long term they won't help. They will just suppress the issue for now and is a means of avoidance. They can scamper you getting over whats happened.

I know it's not easy. But honestly, with time you will heal. As much as that sucks. You just need to occupy yourself with fulfilling activities until then. And don't over think things.
    Yh, I do some reading but there's not anything I like doing really. Can't really have hobbies here either, the girl also don't reply on the same day, or leaves it a few days. I get the feeling she only wants to talk when she's bored.

ReputationRep:
    Are you on your period?

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Are you on your period?
    wot?

ReputationRep:
    wot?
    My apologies. I thought you were a girl from your title, I just read your paragraph and realised periods won't apply to you

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I do some reading but there's not anything I like doing really. Can't really have hobbies here either, the girl also don't reply on the same day, or leaves it a few days. I get the feeling she only wants to talk when she's bored.
    Maybe find a new hobby where you can create something from scratch? It's always nice to see your hard work come to fruition! :-)

ReputationRep:
    There's always things to do to occupy your time.
    When I can't go window shopping then I browse online stores etc.

The girl -aren't you trying to move on from her? So maybe a complete clean break and going cold turkey.? :dontknow:

Your happiness doesn't revolve around a girl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.