Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had this HP DV2535EA Laptop for a week and its already gone tits up, i press the button to turn on, it does 2 weird clicking noises from the inside, the blue lights come on, but nothing happens.

THE LAPTOP IS ****ED UP AFTER A WEEK...what kind of crap is that.

Now ill have to ring them up and that'll probably cost £1 a minute, and it takes them like an hour to pick up the phone.

ARGH

ReputationRep:
    no, actually it only costs 8p a minute because it's under warranty.

ReputationRep:
    im sorry to hear that, i was about to buy a hp laptop but im not too sure now

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure the will be closed at 21.27 so you have to wait till tomorrow
    i take it you bought it online? where from?

ReputationRep:
    Lol my bro got this laptop on thursday...doesn't bode well for his. Apart from this problem, how do you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    no, actually it only costs 8p a minute because it's under warranty.
    Ah thats not so bad then.

(Original post by SixMinuteMile)
    Lol my bro got this laptop on thursday...doesn't bode well for his. Apart from this problem, how do you find it?
    It was really good, and i was happy with it, obveously not so happy with it now, hopefully yours aint a dodgy one to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Ah thats not so bad then.

It was really good, and i was happy with it, obveously not so happy with it now, hopefully yours aint a dodgy one to.

you should be able to arrange for it to be repaired and sent back to you pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thing is im going away next thursday for a week, then when im back a day later im starting uni and ill need it for then. Reckon i can get a refund then just order a new one?

even if they repair it, its always likely the same error will happen again.

ReputationRep:
    i think you have 14 days thing for that although im no expert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Yeah thing is im going away next thursday for a week, then when im back a day later im starting uni and ill need it for then. Reckon i can get a refund then just order a new one?

even if they repair it, its always likely the same error will happen again.
    refunds = hard to get. i had to write a letter to the MD of HP before they gave me a refund. They're coming to pick my dv2530ea up on monday.

ReputationRep:
    refunds = hard to get. i had to write a letter to the MD of HP before they gave me a refund. They're coming to pick my dv2530ea up on monday.
    What was wrong with yours?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's wrong but when mine conks out this is what I usually get told to do.

Take the battery out, so your laptop is just running on mains. Take the adapter out of the back of your laptop, so your laptop has no power at all running into it. Now keep hold of the switch on button for 30 secs, re-connect the adapter and try it.

ReputationRep:
    Well ill give them a ring on monday, theres also a HP office in Wood Green which is only a 10 minute bus journey from me, so i can go complain there if they wont refund, but 9 days is a joke, i dont want it repaired because the same thing could happen, and next time i might not be under warranty, ill get a cheaper one from Dell or somthing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixMinuteMile)
    What was wrong with yours?
    fingerprint reader/webcam/touchpad/keyboard would all randomly go on the blink for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    Your hard drive has failed.

ReputationRep:
    fingerprint reader/webcam/touchpad/keyboard would all randomly go on the blink for no apparent reason.
    So what are you replacing it with?

ReputationRep:
    i dont know yet - i'll look when i get the money back (friday, apparently)

ReputationRep:
    If you like small and light i can recomend the Samsung Q45

ReputationRep:
    if i want small and light and performance, which i may do, i'm going to spend £1200ish on the new Dell XPS M1330 :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok thats weird when i pressed the on button for around 30 seconds, it now works, however every time i turn it on, the clicking noise inside remains, theres 2/beep/clicks inside it before it starts working.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.