Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I stay with him? Watch

Announcements

So I've been with this guy in a Long Distance Relationship for almost a year now. And he is a really great guy, and I love him. Recently we haven't talked due to various of reasons and when we did talk, i went to confront him about it and how i missed him. And this lead to a mutual agreement. What I didn't expect was for him to tell me he got kissed on new years day but that was it. He apologised various of times, knowing that it hurt me, but i shrugged it off and said that i'm fine.

He said it was only a kiss any I believe him, but should this mean that I end it as he got kissed?
    I would appreciate any advice because I don't know what to do, and he's coming here in August
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've been with this guy in a Long Distance Relationship for almost a year now. And he is a really great guy, and I love him. Recently we haven't talked due to various of reasons and when we did talk, i went to confront him about it and how i missed him. And this lead to a mutual agreement. What I didn't expect was for him to tell me he got kissed on new years day but that was it. He apologised various of times, knowing that it hurt me, but i shrugged it off and said that i'm fine.

He said it was only a kiss any I believe him, but should this mean that I end it as he got kissed?
    I would appreciate any advice because I don't know what to do, and he's coming here in August
    I would do as I d consider that cheating

ReputationRep:
    Idk I've had drunk girls come up and surprise kiss me at night clubs and not much you can do about it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I would do as I d consider that cheating
    same but sometimes there is a difference between being kissed and kissing.

I know instances where a girl literally attacked someone with her mouth, and the guy had nothing to do with it.
    • TSR Support Team

If he got kissed then he probably didn't expect or want that, however if he returned it then it is cheating. The fact you are asking should you leave him suggests this relationship isn't all that well. If you are going to try and mend this then you both need better communication by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:

considering its a long distance relationship and he got kissed, what makes you think he cant cheat on you?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    same but sometimes there is a difference between being kissed and kissing.

I know instances where a girl literally attacked someone with her mouth, and the guy had nothing to do with it.
    He could have stepped or pushed her away or hopefully made some effort to at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    He could have stepped or pushed her away or hopefully made some effort to at least
    Of course, I agree, the OP didn't make it clear whether he did or not.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you whether you want to stay in the relationship or not but if he did kiss someone, what's to stop him from doing it again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Not enough information really. Talk to him about the circumstances and whetehr it was voluntary/ with him participating. Vant get too excited about just a kiss. You could go either way.

ReputationRep:
    That's cheating. He clearly doesn't love you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.