Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She is cheating on me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You're being paranoid, in my opinion.

I'm in a LDR with my girlfriend, and she takes the pill continuously, despite some time of 3/4 months apart now and again. Do I think she's doing this because she's cheating? No. She's doing it to keep her periods in sync and control as she has bad periods. My girlfriend didn't find it embarrassing to tell me this, but maybe some girls do, and yours is one of these?

Don't be an idiot. Ask why she didn't just tell you right away? Find out. I'm sure she has her reasons. If you have no trust, then you're better off walking.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Anonymous)

Yeah I will try that, but my only fear is she lies and I believe her. Truth may come out later, and it will hurt more
    Yeah, I know the feeling..it's just a risk you have to assume, people might say a lie at any moment, it's the way you deal with those lies that makes the difference.

Just try and make it clear that if she isn't capable to be honest, the relationship is going to end as you don't want to be involved with someone who doesn't trust you. Your instinct will probably tell you if she's not telling the truth.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Are you sure it wasn't a "morning after pill"?
    That's a possibility.
    • Very Important Poster

You sound a bit paranoid and ready to jump to conclusions. If you have experience of your gut instinct being right then go for it, although I think you are being premature. It wont last imo on the basis of what you have posted.

ReputationRep:
    That girl is a real crowd pleaser

(Original post by starfab)
    People get all nervous about different things. I have my own things that I get nervous about too. I genuinely think you should just ask her?

But if you've made up your mind that she is cheating on you, then I don't think this relationship will go anywhere.

You should also consider the fact that you may be a tad paranoid. So why? As much as I am a believer of instincts, you still need some sort of fact at times. Here, you'd at least give her a say?

That would bring the question of how to bring it up. Just ask her why she became nervous when you asked about the pills.

Just so you know, yes the doctor does prescribe them for really bad period pains, so it can be called a painkiller in a sense. Not a complete truth,but not a complete lie. If anyone were to ask me about them if I was taking them, I'd probably opt for saying 'painkillers' too.
    I guess I'm still in the heat of the moment, I'll see how I feel in a few days. Then bring it up again.

I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, it just her behavior, and how she got all weird when she was leaving my house. A guy flat mate overheard, and thought we had an arguement and I had already dumped her.

Lols, the way you explain it. But your are right they can be called painkillers

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm still in the heat of the moment, I'll see how I feel in a few days. Then bring it up again.

I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, it just her behavior, and how she got all weird when she was leaving my house. A guy flat mate overheard, and thought we had an arguement and I had already dumped her.

Lols, the way you explain it. But your are right they can be called painkillers
    Yes best to cool off first otherwise you'll just be asking for an argument.
    At the end of the day, i don't know you or her. Can only give advice according to what you tell us, and even then we can't have the full picture.
    Whatever happens, i hope it happens for the best x

(Original post by EC)
    That's a possibility.
    This just makes it worse, why would she have one of those.

(Original post by EC)
    Yeah, I know the feeling..it's just a risk you have to assume, people might say a lie at any moment, it's the way you deal with those lies that makes the difference.

Just try and make it clear that if she isn't capable to be honest, the relationship is going to end as you don't want to be involved with someone who doesn't trust you. Your instinct will probably tell you if she's not telling the truth.
    Thanks, I will give a few days just to calm down which gives her a chance

(Original post by jimbles)
    You're being paranoid, in my opinion.

I'm in a LDR with my girlfriend, and she takes the pill continuously, despite some time of 3/4 months apart now and again. Do I think she's doing this because she's cheating? No. She's doing it to keep her periods in sync and control as she has bad periods. My girlfriend didn't find it embarrassing to tell me this, but maybe some girls do, and yours is one of these?

Don't be an idiot. Ask why she didn't just tell you right away? Find out. I'm sure she has her reasons. If you have no trust, then you're better off walking.
    This does make sense, and your right I think I am jumping to conclusions to quickly

ReputationRep:
    Am I right to be suspicious?

Dating a girl, about 2 months. We have sex on a regular basis.

Last night, she was at my place. Everything was normal. She gets up and goes to her bag. She has a pill and takes it down.

I would think nothing off it, but it's the way she looked. She kept looking if I was looking.

I keep looking at her, then she gets all nervous. So I question her.

She says they are just painkillers. I can tell she is lying. Then she says it is contraception.

I ask why? (I also us a condom, no matter what).

She then says how she gets really bad period pains, so the doctor says take them.

I make an excuse and she leaves my house. She called me this morning,just general small talk.

But I just feel she is having sex with another guy. It's just the way she reacted.
    It is completely normal to take contraception pills when you have really bad period pains, I take them because of the same reason.
    Look, she may have been nervous because sometimes guys may take a girl taking contraception as a sign that they don't have to use a condom anymore, and she might not be comfortable with that. I think you're overthinking.

(Original post by DoritoEvie)
    It is completely normal to take contraception pills when you have really bad period pains, I take them because of the same reason.
    Look, she may have been nervous because sometimes guys may take a girl taking contraception as a sign that they don't have to use a condom anymore, and she might not be comfortable with that. I think you're overthinking.
    But I'm the one who has always suggest anything we do is with a condom. I caught an std a couple of years ago, and never again have I gone without it.

(Original post by starfab)
    Yes best to cool off first otherwise you'll just be asking for an argument.
    At the end of the day, i don't know you or her. Can only give advice according to what you tell us, and even then we can't have the full picture.
    Whatever happens, i hope it happens for the best x
    Thanks, yeah cooling off gives us the best chance.
    I've been honest. I would not have really thought twice about it. But the way she kept looking over at me while she had her pill. It's just too sneaky

ReputationRep:
    I agree, we are both uni students. We are both adults. There is no need to act all sneaky.

And yeah it's the lie, and the way she got all nervous when I asked her.

Also I didn't know many girls used contraception when having protected sex?

I guess I will follow my gut instinct on this one, and dump her.
    They make girls' tits bigger and just makes them hotter in general. It's like cheating they don't have to exercise lmao.

Plenty of other reasons as well. Think they've already been mentioned.

Next time you have sex with her check if there is any man muck in her pu$$y (obviously it can't be yours if you use a condom).

But seriously, as a guy, I understand your plight and how you feel, I'd give her a chance to cough up why she is acting all sneaky and straight up mention your feeling suspicious. If she tells you what you don't want to hear then just dump her. You don't seem too invested in her anyway. Hope it all works out brother! :five:

Remember there are plenty of great women out there so don't settle for someone who isn't worth it!
    • Political Ambassador

This just makes it worse, why would she have one of those.

Thanks, I will give a few days just to calm down which gives her a chance

This does make sense, and your right I think I am jumping to conclusions to quickly

In a relationship, talking openly to you partner can solve almost anything. It's when you don't discuss about things like these that the misunderstanding becomes a huge issue.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah cooling off gives us the best chance.
    I've been honest. I would not have really thought twice about it. But the way she kept looking over at me while she had her pill. It's just too sneaky
    Well i hate swallowing tablets when anyone's around. If they're around, I constantly look to see if they are watching 😶
    Shyte I probably look shifty taking painkillers -paracetamol b4 you ask. Lol
    My daily vitamins, i acc go to somewhere alone to take them :dontknow:

Just to give another viewpoint

ReputationRep:

Last night, she was at my place. Everything was normal. She gets up and goes to her bag. She has a pill and takes it down.

I would think nothing off it, but it's the way she looked. She kept looking if I was looking.

She says they are just painkillers. I can tell she is lying. Then she says it is contraception.

She then says how she gets really bad period pains, so the doctor says take them.

I make an excuse and she leaves my house. She called me this morning,just general small talk.

But I just feel she is having sex with another guy. It's just the way she reacted.
    If you have dumping her in mind from the outset, do yourself a favour.

Go through this thread, look at every question you yourself have asked here and write it down. Then relate these questions to her.

Ask her why she was so secretive, ask her why and tell her why you are asking (that it made you suspicious or whatever you are feeling.) Ask her why would she lie about it, and how it has dented the trust you have for her.

Base your further decisions on what she has to say. It will most likely hurt like a bugger if you were wrong the whole time. (not saying you are, but just to be safe innit.)

ReputationRep:

Considering it's not a very serious relationship yet, she could have just been embarrassed. It's true that women use the pill to lessen period pain, and surely you'd be happy if she was doubling up on protection, as condoms break.
    Ask her. Don't jump to conclusions.

ReputationRep:

Find a new girl bruv.

ReputationRep:

To be honest I wouldn't see that as cheating. I would say an underlying medical condition she doesn't feel comfortable talking about just yet. I don't keep my antidepressants in their labelled packaging- but in an empty box in my bag. My best friends ask if i have taken my "mints".

It's also better that she is taking contraceptives to prevent pregnancy.

Was it just that one incident or other things you've noticed?

ReputationRep:
    maybe she DIDN'T use a condom with her ex but she wants to use one with you, but doesn't want to tell you that she's done it without so she gets stressed. Just because someone is stressed does not mean they're lying and if they are, it's not necessarily what we think it is. That's why the police and courts don't rely on the lie detector so much any more, because it simply detects emotional arousal.
    From what you said, I highly doubt that she's cheating on you. Don't jump to conclusions, and I too take the pill because of bad periods, and I also look very weird every time I have to take the pill in front of people!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.