Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all.

I spent the Christmas with my partners family i was meant to arrive on the 24th and leave on the 31st however i took very ill on the train and was admitted to the Hospital, and wasn't released for 3 days so i got there a little late.

I then apologised to her and explained to her i had to undergo neurological tests she then turned her back on me and hasn't spoken to me since.

Even my partner agreed she's been incredibly rude to me and dismissive (His other family members are fine with me including his dad who was incredibly warm and welcoming to me)

How am i to get over this with her?, she believes i faked the illness in order to avoid coming as they are working class and i am from an affluent background when the fact is, the reality is the opposite.

I care not where a person is from nor their background i judge them on their merit only!

Please Please Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all.

I spent the Christmas with my partners family i was meant to arrive on the 24th and leave on the 31st however i took very ill on the train and was admitted to the Hospital, and wasn't released for 3 days so i got there a little late.

I then apologised to her and explained to her i had to undergo neurological tests she then turned her back on me and hasn't spoken to me since.

Even my partner agreed she's been incredibly rude to me and dismissive (His other family members are fine with me including his dad who was incredibly warm and welcoming to me)

How am i to get over this with her?, she believes i faked the illness in order to avoid coming as they are working class and i am from an affluent background when the fact is, the reality is the opposite.

I care not where a person is from nor their background i judge them on their merit only!

Please Please Help!

if it helps u feel better, my bfs mum is still strung up over his ex. massively prefers her to me although me and my bf gave her a grandchild.
    iv never done anything to insult her or annoy her or the family of or anything but some people cant leave the past alone.

if i was u, just back off. only talk to her when u have too, other then that just focus on ur partner

ReputationRep:
    What a *****

How can someone be mad at you for this?

Honestly, tell her to stop being such a *****.

Please bare in mind this is the first time i have EVER met her she even rang the Hospital i was in to make sure i was there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    if it helps u feel better, my bfs mum is still strung up over his ex. massively prefers her to me although me and my bf gave her a grandchild.
    iv never done anything to insult her or annoy her or the family of or anything but some people cant leave the past alone.

if i was u, just back off. only talk to her when u have too, other then that just focus on ur partner
    Why doesn't she marry his ex? Seriously some people need to get a grip.

How can i get over this with her.

ReputationRep:
    thats mums for you

hes probably a mamas boy and sees you as competition

my advice... RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!! !

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How can i get over this with her.
    Is she asian, are you asian, how affluent is affluent and how working class is working class by your standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdukazam)
    Why doesn't she marry his ex? Seriously some people need to get a grip.
    shes already married lol.
    but seriously, my bfs mum is so far up the ex's backside youd think they was in a r.ship!

ReputationRep:
    Classic mother in law, she just doesn't want to share her son with anyone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.