Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got my Army PDA coming up soon and have a couple of questions to ask people that previously have done one. The first one is What do I Travel In? Because I'm not sure whether when I get to the train station I need to be in my sport stuff ready for the activities and if not what do I arrive in? The other question is what does the warm change of clothes need to be? Should it be a smart change of clothes or can it literally be a pair of joggers and a jumper? Cheers for any help.

ReputationRep:
    When is your pda? i have one on the 31st of this month at Lyneham.

ReputationRep:
    I have a PDA coming up and i was wondering what actually happens there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windyjourney)
    I have a PDA coming up and i was wondering what actually happens there.
    Are you doing yours at Lyneham?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in Taunton. On mine in February, I arrived at the train station in tracksuit bottoms and jumper to be taken to the centre. Then straight into the icebreaker and then the 2.4km run with 800m warm up. Then back for team tasks (we were not allowed to do power bad and jerry can lift unfortunately due to 'health and safety'). I then did my assessment in Pirbright and come March 2017 I had started my Phase 1 training at AFC Harrogate. Pass out in August. Just be confident in your abilities and you'll be fine. Hope this helps. Ask any other questions you may have
    QUOTE=windyjourney;71994556]I have a PDA coming up and i was wondering what actually happens there.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric_lloyd)
    Are you doing yours at Lyneham?
    No Wyvern Barracks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by windyjourney)
    No Wyvern Barracks
    It may be slightly different for you but when I did my Pda, I did mine at Lyneham, basically all we did was a 1.5 mile run and team tasks, if they have any then they might make you do a jerry can lift but we didn't do that.
    For the 1.5 mile run, on my pda I got it in 10:53 and when I did my selection i got it in 9:57, it really makes you look like a good candidate when they take a look at the results they get from you so just make sure you do as much running as you can.

ReputationRep:
    This is where mine is could you please tell me what you did there and what sort of dress everyone turned up in

ReputationRep:
    How long did you have to wait between passing your pda and going to selection? Have you been given a start date yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.