Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Music that's really grown on you Watch

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Are there any songs/albums from bands or artists which you've hated or not liked at all first time around but after a few more listens you've ended up absolutely loving them?

Do you think that it's harder to make more "challenging" music which demands repeated listens in this day and age where access to music is so immediate with streaming services which arguably make the music or "content" (yuck) more dependent than ever on a listener's first impression? :music::music::music:

ReputationRep:
    The first time I listened to the album From Afar by a folk metal band called Ensiferum, I didn't really care for it because I wasn't keen on the vocals. But after a few more listens, they grew on me and now they are in my top 3 favourite bands :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amusing Elk)
    Are there any songs/albums from bands or artists which you've hated or not liked at all first time around but after a few more listens you've ended up absolutely loving them?

Do you think that it's harder to make more "challenging" music which demands repeated listens in this day and age where access to music is so immediate with streaming services which arguably make the music or "content" (yuck) more dependent than ever on a listener's first impression? :music::music::music:
    Twenty one pilots, i remember at one point i was like "No, i wont like them. Theyre too emo for me."

Then around january last year i decided to give it a go but still didnt get into it. It was only after listening it to numerous times it really did grow on me. And now i love them!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Like O, Like H by Tegan and Sara. I always loved the band but thought that song was awful the first time I heard but it grew on me and now its one of my favourite by them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.