Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dizzee Rascal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    His new album called Showtime is released in September, i have heard two of the tracks Respect me and Stand up tall. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can download some of the other songs from his new album?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Fix up look sharp.

ReputationRep:
    "I call da shots like Topcat!"

And no, I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks for the info, you have really helped me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you'll find some on kazaa

ReputationRep:
    All I know about him was that he got shot once and stole the Mercury Music Prize from The Darkness and Radiohead, then he slid into obscurity, best place for him definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound01)
    All I know about him was that he got shot once and stole the Mercury Music Prize from The Darkness and Radiohead, then he slid into obscurity, best place for him definitely.
    'stole'? Dizzee Rascal deserved the Mercury prize much more than any novelty act...perhaps Radiohead could've won it, but Dizzee Rascal was definitely a deserving winner....

ReputationRep:
    No he didn't - he got stabbed in Aya Napa, Aya Napa (I've just reminded myself of another hilarious tune).

His lyrics are quite original if you bother to listen to them (even though his voice is comical). I basically wrote an essay as to why Dizzee Rascal is a genius for a 15 mark General Studies essay question this summer (on the proper exam) . And yes, I'll probably fail - but who cares?

Radiohead and The Darkness didn't really cover uncharted territory - he did.

Let's just hope Ty wins it this year.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sweet like tropicana... i'll split your head like a banana... or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    i'm sweet like tropicana... i'll split your head like a banana... or something like that
    Lol, I'm convinced some of the lines are a pisstake, but the overall message is quite serious.

"He's got a Nokia, take dat!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    No he didn't - he got stabbed in Aya Napa, Aya Napa (I've just reminded myself of another hilarious tune).

His lyrics are quite original if you bother to listen to them (even though his voice is comical). I basically wrote an essay as to why Dizzee Rascal is a genius for a 15 mark General Studies essay question this summer (on the proper exam) . And yes, I'll probably fail - but who cares?

Got to agree, I was quite suprised that he hasn't been more successful in chart positions. Having said that he's now worked with some of the top people in music (ie Neptunes) so he's not doing too badly at all.

ReputationRep:

Stabbed, shot, easy mistake, they both hurt in the morning. As far as I'm concerned the unchartered territory argument is irrelevant, it's all about quality. In any case, I don't know how you can say the Darkness are "unchartered territory", who else sounds like them these days?

ReputationRep:
    Stabbed, shot, easy mistake, they both hurt in the morning. As far as I'm concerned the unchartered territory argument is irrelevant, it's all about quality. In any case, I don't know how you can say the Darkness are "unchartered territory", who else sounds like them these days?
    The Darkness are about as unoriginal as you can get...there were shite loads of bands like that during the 80's...there aren't many bands around like that nowadays because the music was rubbish the first time around...Dizzee Rascal did something new, The Darkness just dug up something most hoped had been long forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    Who has ever sounded like Dizzee Rascal in the whole of history?

Oh - have you seen what people did to Justin Hawkins's XKR?

ReputationRep:
    Oh - have you seen what people did to Justin Hawkins's XKR?
    I read about that

The Darkness have also had to pull a festival date because Justin Hawkins is ill

Not the best week of his life methinks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I read about that

The Darkness have also had to pull a festival date because Justin Hawkins is ill

Not the best week of his life methinks!
    lol, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen - imagine coming back to find your car propped up on bricks and the wheels clean lifted.

ReputationRep:
    lol, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen - imagine coming back to find your car propped up on bricks and the wheels clean lifted.
    I could imagine him going down to his local police station in his full jumpsuit regalia, singing to a bemused PC that his wheels have been nicked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I could imagine him going down to his local police station in his full jumpsuit regalia, singing to a bemused PC that his wheels have been nicked.
    lol, true! I reckon he came up with his music whilst being locked away in his room (with an excess of drugs) and listening to his parents record collection.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.