Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm staying in catered (Ashburne) and I'm going to be moving in on Saturday 15th September. We don't get meals provided on the weekends and we won't know anyone in the halls, so does anything go on like going out for a meal (which is organised) or do we just cook our own food for the weekend?

Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Cook your own food if you like! It's a good way to meet people/get to know them. I really don't think the hall would organise you to all descend en masse on restaurants. Domino's pizza is always a good choice... you'll find after a few weeks that you'll slip into a routine of either going out, cooking, or alternating between the two.

If there is a JCR/hall committee, there may well be an organised food trip of some sort for the people arriving when food isn't provided. I don't see this lasting more than one week though.

My hall this and last year, is catered. We don't get food at the weekends for teatime, nor do we get lunch during the week. Most people cook at the weekends, and some of us (me included) are stupid and go to restaurants with special offers at 3:00am for tea. Not bad...

ReputationRep:
    usually the jcr/mcr organise something.
    it usually consists of bowling, pizza, films, fire meetings + meeting the warden events carry on for the whole of the 1st week
    check out www.ashbunehall.org.uk
    i think i got that right or find out the website from the uni one or google

(Original post by Spacecam)
    Cook your own food if you like! It's a good way to meet people/get to know them. I really don't think the hall would organise you to all descend en masse on restaurants. Domino's pizza is always a good choice... you'll find after a few weeks that you'll slip into a routine of either going out, cooking, or alternating between the two.

If there is a JCR/hall committee, there may well be an organised food trip of some sort for the people arriving when food isn't provided. I don't see this lasting more than one week though.

My hall this and last year, is catered. We don't get food at the weekends for teatime, nor do we get lunch during the week. Most people cook at the weekends, and some of us (me included) are stupid and go to restaurants with special offers at 3:00am for tea. Not bad...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.