Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What language do you think in? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMimeMo)
    You should try to buy out TSR then, then you can become a supermod
    and screw over all the rep whores on here.

My first act as TSR King would be to reset everyone's rep to zero.
    Offending normal mods by saying they would be lower than me is not be allowed. Please refrain from doing so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhainga Paagal)
    Offending normal mods by saying they would be lower than me is not be allowed. Please refrain from doing so
    One day the owner(s) of TSR will flip and just shutdown the website, then all the repwhores can go home.

ReputationRep:
    One day the owner(s) of TSR will flip and just shutdown the website, then all the repwhores can go home.
    But what will you do if you can't make threads about speaking/thinking in different languages?

ReputationRep:
    But what will you do if you can't make threads about speaking/thinking in different languages?
    Just go to a better forum (Reddit)

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    And here we go again...

I think in Java.
    Have you realised how these threads are always made by a newcomer?? It's so annoying.

Bump
      1. Don't bump your threads so soon after making them, it makes you look like a ****. If nobody's replied it's either because they've already replied to one like it, or they've not seen it, or they just don't want to.
      2. They've probably already replied to one like it, this thread comes up with a droning, monotonous regularity that makes me ************* (potential trigger). SRS, learn to use the ****ing search function on the site.
      3. Nobody cares what language anyone thinks in except people wanting to up their postcount.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
      Depends on how angry i am :rofl:
      haha so true :P

ReputationRep:
      It depends where I am. If I am in France for any length of time I begin to think in French. Otherwise English

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      And here we go again...

I think in Java.
      how is that possible

ReputationRep:
      Majority of time I think in my first language, which is
      Spoiler:
      Show

Gujarati.

However, I also sometime think in English sometimes.

ReputationRep:
      How many languages can you think in altogether?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Samosa and Vada)
      Majority of time I think in my first language, which is
      Spoiler:
      Show

Gujarati.

However, I also sometime think in English sometimes.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cantore_is_a_dog)
      You're back :rolleyes:
      :lol:

ReputationRep:
      You're back :rolleyes:
      :lol:
      Who?

ReputationRep:
      I grew up speaking both greek and english which can be very confusing at times. What language I think in depends on the situation and who I am with, for example at work(in the UK) I only think and speak in english and when I have greek customers I just freak out and speak really really bad greek cause my brain still thinks in english. But with family I think and speak greek, same with my greek friends.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by elekro)
      I grew up speaking both greek and english which can be very confusing at times. What language I think in depends on the situation and who I am with, for example at work(in the UK) I only think and speak in english and when I have greek customers I just freak out and speak really really bad greek cause my brain still thinks in english. But with family I think and speak greek, same with my greek friends.
      Which is your better language? Can you think in 2 languages?

ReputationRep:
      Which is your better language? Can you think in 2 languages?
      yep that's the confusing bit. I don't have a "better" language unfortunately, I am imperfect at both. I can think in both, but not simultaneously, as I don't translate, I "switch" modes. I also some times don't realise that I am speaking a language, I have to think about it, for example I spent a lot of time with my family at christmas, then went to work and spoke to a colleague in greek and when she looked at me with a confused face I didn't realise, and repeated my sentence in greek. And same the other way round, with friends who don't speak english i say things to them in english and them I wonder why they don't answer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by elekro)
      yep that's the confusing bit. I don't have a "better" language unfortunately, I am imperfect at both. I can think in both, but not simultaneously, as I don't translate, I "switch" modes. I also some times don't realise that I am speaking a language, I have to think about it, for example I spent a lot of time with my family at christmas, then went to work and spoke to a colleague in greek and when she looked at me with a confused face I didn't realise, and repeated my sentence in greek. And same the other way round, with friends who don't speak english i say things to them in english and them I wonder why they don't answer
      Can you think in a hybrid of both?

ReputationRep:
      Can you think in a hybrid of both?
      can you?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.