Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im alone and just done know what to do. Watch

ReputationRep:
    My gf for 2 years broke up with me and i'm now realizing I have no real friends. I have people i might hang out with but no one to talk to or who cares.

This along with final 6 months of a2 and all that pressure has resulted in me felling very alone and on the verge of depression.

I miss her a lot because she was my one true friend and im fighting the will to text her as she said she doesn't love me anymore and we don't have time for a relationship this year.

Worst of all she's in my friendship group so i have to keep seeing her.

What do I do? text her and try get her back? Just make it through the year? something else?

ReputationRep:
    ha ha its funny because even nobody here want to talk to me
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    That sounds pretty rough. In my opinion you shouldn't try to get her back, but should try to make new friends first. Having friends should make it easier to get through a tough time.

I don't know a lot about your situation, but it may have been that studying and being with your girlfriend made it so that you didn't have much time to hang out with other people. If that's the case then now that you've broken up you might have some extra time to do that.

Also, if you're planning on going to university, that can also be used as a fresh start to move to a new place and meet a lot of new people.

ReputationRep:
    I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years and I'm the same, I don't really have any proper close mates either.

It'll be fine mate, it takes time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.