Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am applying for work experience and the first question asks why would i benefit from this work experience. Can someone help me answer this? I have already spoke about how gaining reputable work experience will be invaluable and about the skills I would gain. Anything else I could include?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Looks good on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Looks good on your CV.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    How long does the answer need to be? Personally I'd go for something along the lines of 3 paragraphs.

Firstly, about your passion for the industry and what you would particularly look forward to doing in the role. Talk about how you would like to be involved in that industry in the future and how the work experience would help you develop a better idea of the specifics and meet people who could give you advice on what you should do to get there.

Secondly, how you could develop skills specific to the job. So for example if you're applying for work experience stacking shelves, you could mention how you think it would be good to learn the most efficient methods of stacking beans or how to make a nice display of bottles of Coca-Cola.

Thirdly, Id talk about the work experience would benefit you in skills non specific to the job role. So things like working within a team and improving communication skills. Perhaps how talking to customers may build your confidence or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    How long does the answer need to be? Personally I'd go for something along the lines of 3 paragraphs.

Firstly, about your passion for the industry and what you would particularly look forward to doing in the role. Talk about how you would like to be involved in that industry in the future and how the work experience would help you develop a better idea of the specifics and meet people who could give you advice on what you should do to get there.

Secondly, how you could develop skills specific to the job. So for example if you're applying for work experience stacking shelves, you could mention how you think it would be good to learn the most efficient methods of stacking beans or how to make a nice display of bottles of Coca-Cola.

Thirdly, Id talk about the work experience would benefit you in skills non specific to the job role. So things like working within a team and improving communication skills. Perhaps how talking to customers may build your confidence or something along those lines.
    Thank you so much! It has to be under 200 words!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammd)
    Thank you so much! It has to be under 200 words!
    You should be able to get those 3 paragraphs in under 200 words. If not, just combine the paragraphs around gaining specific skills and general skills in to one single skills paragraph to save a few words.

Ive found the best way to do it is to just write whatever you want to say, with a rough idea of length in mind. Then once its written, go through and reword where necessary. You can knock out quite a few words without losing meaning just by changing sentence order or word choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    You should be able to get those 3 paragraphs in under 200 words. If not, just combine the paragraphs around gaining specific skills and general skills in to one single skills paragraph to save a few words.

Ive found the best way to do it is to just write whatever you want to say, with a rough idea of length in mind. Then once its written, go through and reword where necessary. You can knock out quite a few words without losing meaning just by changing sentence order or word choice.
    Thanks! I briefly wrote about reputation of the place I am applying and the skills i would be gaining but then I got a bit stuck! Should be able to write a lot more now! Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS application (if you are to apply)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.