Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone actually use the showers after PE? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At my school (and at most other schools that do swimming and PE) we have a shower room where you're supposed to shower after PE but no one actually uses it. I don't know why they ever built it in the first place? Does anyone actually use them?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    no one used them when I was at school - they were quite new as well
    but seeing as though pe lessons were only 1 hour there wasn't any time to use them

ReputationRep:
    PE lessons in my school are always either right before lunch or the end of the day, so people can shower if they want, but no-one bothers. It probably didn't help that until the recent refurb, the showers didn't have "shower cubicles", but a big shower room like in IT.

ReputationRep:
    Nah no one used them. Well people got changed in them.

ReputationRep:
    not unless I was literally forced to as a middle school pupil
    and by force, I literally mean forced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Well back in old Len's day we all used to strip naked and jump in there together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Well back in old Len's day we all used to strip naked and jump in there together. I can understand why no one wants to use them these days, what with the rise of homosexuality and all that.
    Sorry to break it you Lenny boy, but there were just as many gays back then as there are now. They would have just been a lot quieter about it and secretly stared at your **** and others, memorised and then masturbated over it later.

ReputationRep:
    we never had shower facilities at our school- thought it was quite outdated, I know they used to have them back in the day though

ReputationRep:
    We did when I was at school, when PE was always at the end of the day. When I went to a sauna/spa in Berlin when on holiday there they have showers which are used by men and women together.

ReputationRep:
    I used to use the PE showers before school started, right after running and doing basketball. But never after a PE lesson (there's just no time).

ReputationRep:
    Use it after cross country practice after school, not after PE lessons though since there's not enough time and need to get to lessons.
    At my school, the shower room is communal, so you don't get separate cubicles so that's why a lot of people are put off.

ReputationRep:
    At my old school, the shower room was in very poor condition meaning few people ever used the showers, certainly not me.

In fact the shower room was in such poor condition, during a bad storm one evening, the roof caved in and it was four months before being fixed! :rofl:

Since I left however, a new sports hall with new facilities including shower rooms was built and the old changing rooms and shower rooms were demolished.

ReputationRep:
    Only couple like when we played footy outside and I got muddy.

There were times I used the showers when I didn't even come out of PE

In that regard I think schools should keep the showers so people can use them for other reasons, not just PE. Some kids don't get baths at home. Or go to foster care where they don't wanna use the showers there for obv reasons.

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Kholmes1)
    Well people got changed in them.
    And did other things :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elchapojr)
    At my school (and at most other schools that do swimming and PE) we have a shower room where you're supposed to shower after PE but no one actually uses it. I don't know why they ever built it in the first place? Does anyone actually use them?
    We used them when we were at school and there were no cubicles either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, only because our teachers never gave us time to get changed so spent 3 minutes shrieking at us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A few of us used them but most didn't. What did people do when they were doing muddy stuff like football or rugby in winter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    A few of us used them but most didn't. What did people do when they were doing muddy stuff like football or rugby in winter?
    Nothing, unless it was lunch right after, we had like 2 mins to get changed and if we didn't arrive on time to next lesson we'd get told off.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When doing sports yeh... but not after PE lessons
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most of the time, in fact most people did and it was communal showers. PE/Games lessons generally were high intensity, so making sure you had a shower afterwards was important. Games (Rugby/Hockey/Cricket) was always last lesson of the day, and usually aimed to finish with time to get changed properly (there was still the occasional person who thought getting on a bus 5 minutes early was worth offending everyone else's nostrils for the duration of the journey).
    Suppose it depends on your school's priorities, but mine definitely understood you needed to shower after PE, so was understanding about it.

ReputationRep:
    We never did, and they were individual ones but to be honest I think it was mainly just because we had an indoor gym where at most we just played rounders, netball and football- it was never anything that really made us actually break out into a real sweat.

The showers at the gym I avoid because they're open and I'm not very confident with my body. I'd rather shower when I get home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.