The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Ba (Hons) Hair & makeup for fashion applicants 2017 entry

Hello, I haven't been able to find any discussions to do with the Hair & makeup for fashion course at LCF here, so I thought i'd create one.
I have already applied and have sent off my mini portfolio on the 15th of December but i'm still waiting on an interview invitation.
I'd love to find others who are wanting to start in 2017 and those who have applied what did you send in or if you're going to apply what are you thinking of showing to the college?
The course can only accept 48 people at the maximum due to how many workstations there is and 48 is more than some other courses at LCF which is a relief, but they could have over 300 applicants so its worrying for someone like me who has had their heart on LCF for over a year!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying too! I haven't sent it yet, but I'm already nervousss :frown:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 8runette
I am applying too! I haven't sent it yet, but I'm already nervousss :frown:

Ah good luck!
You needing to send off your mini portfolio or your actual application?
Reply 3
My actual application. Thank you!! But in the same time I'm working on my portofolio too, just in case they will ask for it. I'm applying to other unis too, just to be sure. You applied only for this course?
Reply 4
I've applied yesterday! Not had any response back yet to send off my portfolio them though so fingers crossed! I haven't even got that together yet, super unorganised! Where else have you applied to?
Hey, I applied yesterday! So hopefully I hear back soon. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rstk97
I've applied yesterday! Not had any response back yet to send off my portfolio them though so fingers crossed! I haven't even got that together yet, super unorganised! Where else have you applied to?

I'm applying to Hair and Make-up for Fashion and also Hair, Make-up and Prosthetics for Performance and to University of Bedfordshire Media Make-up and Character Design :smile:. Good luck!
Reply 7
My actual application. Thank you!! But in the same time I'm working on my portofolio too, just in case they will ask for it. I'm applying to other unis too, just to be sure. You applied only for this course?

I have applied to lcf, Salford, Manchester college and Birmingham.
you?
Reply 8
Original post by RebeccaLDavies93
Hey, I applied yesterday! So hopefully I hear back soon. :smile:

Ahh amazing. You waiting on the mini portfolio now? What would you send in?
Also any of you guys have Instagram or anything?
Reply 9
I'm applying to Hair and Make-up for Fashion and also Hair, Make-up and Prosthetics for Performance and to University of Bedfordshire Media Make-up and Character Design :smile:. Good luck!

That's amazing! There aren't many choices for people who want a makeup degree I found it challenging to find others rather than applying to only ual. They are my first choice by far can't imagine myself anywhere else.
Reply 10
Original post by rstk97

They will just send you an email to do an online one. They gave me 2 weeks from the email date to give my work in.
Was a decent amount of time and you can talk about each photo too as the online portfolio gives you a description box under each photo good luck!
So excitiiiing! I can't wait to receive the email. Ual is my first choice too <3 it would be awesome to get in. Let's hope we will all be classmates soon :smile:. Anyone wants to exchange instagrams?:biggrin:
Original post by Kagiaa
That's amazing! There aren't many choices for people who want a makeup degree I found it challenging to find others rather than applying to only ual. They are my first choice by far can't imagine myself anywhere else.

Yeah that's so true! I've had a really hard time finding courses related to makeup. Especially because I wanted the uni to be in london or around london. :frown:
Original post by Kagiaa
Ahh amazing. You waiting on the mini portfolio now? What would you send in?
Also any of you guys have Instagram or anything?

Yes, I am just waiting on the mini portfolio. I have tossed a view ideas around but not to sure. What did you guys send in?

Yes I do @rebeccaloumakeup :smile:
Has anyone heard anything back yet? :smile:
Reply 15
Has anyone heard anything back yet? :smile:

Nope, I emailed the admissions and they said they are still considering applications 😞
Such a scary wait haha
Original post by Kagiaa
Nope, I emailed the admissions and they said they are still considering applications 😞
Such a scary wait haha

I feel like I have waited a lifetime haha. I wish they would hurry up 😩
Reply 17
I feel like I have waited a lifetime haha. I wish they would hurry up 😩

Ikr?! I sent my application in at the end of September.
If any of you do get into ual where are you thinking of living?
Original post by Kagiaa
Ikr?! I sent my application in at the end of September.
If any of you do get into ual where are you thinking of living?

The Costume Store.

They may have just waited until deadline to see who else they had apply and decided on who gets interviews from there x
Reply 19
The Costume Store.

They may have just waited until deadline to see who else they had apply and decided on who gets interviews from there x

I was going to go there but I'm thinking of going sketch house or highline if I get in.
Yeah I was thinking that.
What are you gonna put in your portfolio? As I see fashion students have sketchbooks with loads of fashion illustrations but with makeup I feel that we can only show the finish product in a portfolio like photoshoots or mood boards with inspo on them and maybe a facechart here and there. Feel like I need more than a photoshoot portfolio and mood boards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending