Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else get angry/rude when drunk? Watch

I am 24 and for some reason in the last 2 years only, when I have been very drunk (to the point of not remembering) I have sometimes gotten very over-reactionary and angry and nasty to my friends... saying things that I do not mean at all and I have no idea where they are coming from. I can also be quite rude. It usually is provoked by something but that something is usually minor or my own paranoia.

This is a rare occurrence but obviously leads to a lot of self hatred and concern over losing my friendships. This hasn't happened and I have made a change to my drinking habits so I never get this drunk so it is in control now.

It just makes me wonder does this make me a horrible person ? Am I deep down just a nasty person? Why does this happen and does it happen to anyone else? Because it doesn't really happen to any of my friends. I also wonder if it's related to being unhappy in life or something? Because most of my friends would describe me and kind and friendly and empathetic and would never purposefully hurt someone, which I agree with... but then this is something that happens to me which makes me think I am just a horrible person.

I am not looking for replies saying "well don't drink then" because that isn't the question, I have already cut down on my drinking habits and it doesn't happen anymore, I am just wondering why I have to do this while others don't.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I had a fall out with one of my 'friends', but to be fair, she deserved it, hence the inverted marks.

bump

ReputationRep:
    I scratched my boyfriend while drunk on NYE. It was an accident and I cried for like five minutes. I think it's safe to say I'm a harmless drunk

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.