Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just My Luck! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've cleaned my room, got ready to go out etc. etc.

But it's hellish outside (Birmingham - no jokes please, it's a nice part )! It's been absolutely chucking it down for the last 20mins, thunder & lightning, chorus of car alarms etc. I'm scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I've cleaned my room, got ready to go out etc. etc.

But it's hellish outside (Birmingham - no jokes please, it's a nice part )! It's been absolutely chucking it down for the last 20mins, thunder & lightning, chorus of car alarms etc. I'm scared!
    Fun to the hills, or go outside and do a war dance, either works.

ReputationRep:
    Come to Bristol. It's warm and I'm almost being blinded by the sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    raining down here in kent :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I keep hearing these positive things about the Bristol microclimate (lol, some guy said it was 30-somet degrees a few days ago (as measured by his car thermometer)) - it's not fair!

The rain still hasn't stopped, though the alarms have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1965)
    Raining down here in London also. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its 25c and sunny here. Although the cloud are increasing and I think my this evening the rain will be over me.

I have come to the conclusion that the UK in peak summer is not much colder than North Spain, its just much much wetter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1965)
    I can't be the only UKL poster having good weather. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Really? The sun is shining in Nottingham and its lovely (dont send any of your weather over here please)

ReputationRep:
    I keep hearing these positive things about the Bristol microclimate (lol, some guy said it was 30-somet degrees a few days ago (as measured by his car thermometer)) - it's not fair!

The rain still hasn't stopped, though the alarms have.
    I don't like the sunlight that much! My curtains don't block it out, and if I want to lie in bed, I need to wear shades or else my eyes get frazzled. I wouldn't mind a bit of rain actually.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the sunlight that much! My curtains don't block it out, and if I want to lie in bed, I need to wear shades or else my eyes get frazzled. I wouldn't mind a bit of rain actually.
    It's a pity we can't trade places, because I don't fancy stepping outside into a rainstorm atm.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Not had any rain at all down here since sunday night and even that wasn't too heavy

ReputationRep:
    It's very nice up here.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone get thunder and lightning but me, it is unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Really? The sun is shining in Nottingham and its lovely (dont send any of your weather over here please)
    Lovely? It's wayyyy to hot.

If no one else wants the bad weather, I'll take it - I can't stant the heat!

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only UKL poster having good weather. :cool:
    been sunny n hot down here ... just ten mins ago it started to rain , so its no too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Why does everyone get thunder and lightning but me, it is unfair.
    I don't know where you are, but my bet is that this horrible weather is going to travel south (and hopefully west to pick off those Bristol hedonists).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Lovely? It's wayyyy to hot.

If no one else wants the bad weather, I'll take it - I can't stant the heat!
    Are you in Notts then?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where you are, but my bet is that this horrible weather is going to travel south (and hopefully west to pick off those Bristol hedonists).
    Excellent, we will have it soon, the clouds are coming.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's already pummelling it down down here in the South (near London). Thunder, lightening, whirling car alarms, and yet more lightening. It's been going on for about half an hour and has not let off once. The road outside is pretty much flooded, and we keep getting damn powercuts!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.