Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite main road or motorway in the UK Watch

• TSR Support Team

So what is everyone's favourite main road or motorway section they have driven on. I do enjoy the part of the M6 where it goes through the Lake District and also the A74M where the Southern Uplands are, also must mention the A57 heading towards Manchester.
    And what about that random farm house in the middle of the M62.

ReputationRep:
    M25

...jk

ReputationRep:
    The house is there cause it's something to do with the soil or something and they had to build round it, not cause the guy was too lazy to move which is what everyone thinks =P...
    My favourite road is the A5 as it dips over the hill towards Tamworth (particularly at night) cause then when i know i'm almost home... Favourite motorway would be the M6 toll, it's always really quiet and nice to drive on =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    The house is there cause it's something to do with the soil or something and they had to build round it, not cause the guy was too lazy to move which is what everyone thinks =P...
    My favourite road is the A5 as it dips over the hill towards Tamworth (particularly at night) cause then when i know i'm almost home... Favourite motorway would be the M6 toll, it's always really quiet and nice to drive on =)
    Im guessing you dont live massively far from me.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a favourite main road as such
    Unless you're counting B roads.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is the A512. The long stretch of that road that i like is quite scenic really, and theres plenty of pubs along there.

ReputationRep:
    M69 :sexface:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    M606

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    So what is everyone's favourite main road or motorway section they have driven on. I do enjoy the part of the M6 where it goes through the Lake District and also the A74M where the Southern Uplands are, also must mention the A57 heading towards Manchester.
    And what about that random farm house in the middle of the M62.
    M1
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've had the pleasure of driving on the buttertubs pass in Yorkshire many times. It's just sensational! :ahee:

Driving it in the wet with a RWD car is a nice challenge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    M1
    If the part of the M1 thats near ish to me is anything to go by- its nothing but trouble.
    One of the latest incidents i remember was them having to close it for a day because someone was standing on the footbridge threatening to jump off. It was some form of protest apparently.Caused mayhem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    If the part of the M1 thats near ish to me is anything to go by- its nothing but trouble.
    One of the latest incidents i remember was them having to close it for a day because someone was standing on the footbridge threatening to jump off. It was some form of protest apparently.Caused mayhem.
    depends where you live. If you leave near Sheffield/Barnsley then the road is brilliant

ReputationRep:
    This thread is very Alan Partridge :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I once went on a motorway where there was a 7 lane roundabout, cool af.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Im guessing you dont live massively far from me.
    Where do you live? =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Where do you live? =)
    Swad
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by RedManc)
    depends where you live. If you leave near Sheffield/Barnsley then the road is brilliant
    Indeed think the Yorkshire end is quite nice

ReputationRep:
    yeah the Yorkshire bit is quite nice with the exception of Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    The coalville/leicester general area isnt

ReputationRep:
    M4

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.