Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been at uni for approximately 4 months now so I'm starting to feel comfortable with the people around me. However, after numerous alcohol related incidents involving regretful actions I've decided to quit alcohol. I began to feel that I relied on alcohol to engage in the social side of student life. Safe to say I know it's going to be difficult, I'd love to hear from anyone who has been or is currently in a similar position.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need help? I don't really drink as it can interact with some medication I take. I find it hardest when it's pre-drinks or similar as I'm the only one not drinking. I also feel incredibly responsible for all the people I'm with when they're drunk. If something happened to them and I'm the only sober one I feel I have to:

a) look after them
    or
    b) might get blamed for whatever happens to them as I should have stopped/protected them as I was coherent.

Other than that it's kinda the same apart from the getting drunk bit. Not drinking means that you appreciate your friends and the banter/jokes/times you have, instead of letting alcohol make things funny for you.

ReputationRep:
    Good on you and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i am currently off alcohol...

i) to save money,

ii) to keep my driving licence,

iii) to lose weight ....

at least it has worked with 2 of those

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.