Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling unwanted and miserable Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I have a feeling that I am unwanted somehow. Not by my family, but by other people. Like, "friends" and other relationships. I am struggling with a sexual relationship, I feel like no one particuarly wants me, but whenever I come round to considering a relationship, I feel guilty of wanting to be in one because I don't have the time (even though I do). I feel like the "friends" I've got simply use me for to give them answers etc. Then I have them turn their back on me.

I also end up with short but painful bursts of depression. I get very depressed about time, that the days and years go by too quickly (I'm not even an adult yet, this seems to be common in middle aged adults)?

The only real encouragement I get in my life right now is my YouTube channel, I have a growing amount of subscribers and I always get positive comments.

Apart from this, I have little to do with my time apart from going to the gym. What doesn't help and really angers me is when I see people post on social media pictures of themselves with their bfs/gfs.

Can someone just please help me?
    Thanks.l
    • TSR Support Team

Moved to mental health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyK)
    Hi all.

I have a feeling that I am unwanted somehow. Not by my family, but by other people. Like, "friends" and other relationships. I am struggling with a sexual relationship, I feel like no one particuarly wants me, but whenever I come round to considering a relationship, I feel guilty of wanting to be in one because I don't have the time (even though I do). I feel like the "friends" I've got simply use me for to give them answers etc. Then I have them turn their back on me.

I also end up with short but painful bursts of depression. I get very depressed about time, that the days and years go by too quickly (I'm not even an adult yet, this seems to be common in middle aged adults)?

The only real encouragement I get in my life right now is my YouTube channel, I have a growing amount of subscribers and I always get positive comments.

Apart from this, I have little to do with my time apart from going to the gym. What doesn't help and really angers me is when I see people post on social media pictures of themselves with their bfs/gfs.

Can someone just please help me?
    Thanks.l
    My Advice:

Get off Social Media like fb-deactivate it for some time as it doesnt help your mental status.

Don't get into a relationship until you know you are ready for one and that happens when you are more content with yourself.

If people are making you feel bad about yourself cut them out- toxic people who constantly take and use you should have no place in your life. You need to focus on doing things that improce your confidence and mod and self view of yourself. And get new friends/cherish the ones that really do care about you. Find help to learn how to manage your depression and fill your days with other activities and hobbies.
    • Political Ambassador

Your self-worth shouldn’t be dependent upon the acceptance of others.

If you're looking at things in a pessimistic way, things will probably end up badly, I'm saying that from experience, trust me.

Instead of focusing on the bad things going on around you, enjoy yourself at this very moment. Change the things you can change while removing yourself from the things you can’t.

Don’t miss out on the beauty of life because you’re too busy stuck in this nostalgia. And most importantly, stop comparing yourself with other, you're your own person. Stop viewing others as your standard of happiness.

Don't focus on your lonely thoughts and emotions. But instead try to identify groups with which you will have something in common, a natural basis for beginning a friendship.

Since healthy interaction close people is good, make some effort to reach out to others, to initiate conversation even when your loneliness and depression are telling you not to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.