Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling unwanted/miserable Watch

Announcements

Hi all.

I have a feeling that I am unwanted somehow. Not by my family, but by other people. Like, "friends" and other relationships. I am struggling with a sexual relationship, I feel like no one particuarly wants me, but whenever I come round to considering a relationship, I feel guilty of wanting to be in one because I don't have the time (even though I do). I feel like the "friends" I've got simply use me for to give them answers etc. Then I have them turn their back on me.

I also end up with short but painful bursts of depression. I get very depressed about time, that the days and years go by too quickly (I'm not even an adult yet, this seems to be common in middle aged adults)?

The only real encouragement I get in my life right now is my YouTube channel, I have a growing amount of subscribers and I always get positive comments.

Apart from this, I have little to do with my time apart from going to the gym. What doesn't help and really angers me is when I see people post on social media pictures of themselves with their bfs/gfs.

Can someone just please help me?
    Thanks.l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all.

I have a feeling that I am unwanted somehow. Not by my family, but by other people. Like, "friends" and other relationships. I am struggling with a sexual relationship, I feel like no one particuarly wants me, but whenever I come round to considering a relationship, I feel guilty of wanting to be in one because I don't have the time (even though I do). I feel like the "friends" I've got simply use me for to give them answers etc. Then I have them turn their back on me.

I also end up with short but painful bursts of depression. I get very depressed about time, that the days and years go by too quickly (I'm not even an adult yet, this seems to be common in middle aged adults)?

The only real encouragement I get in my life right now is my YouTube channel, I have a growing amount of subscribers and I always get positive comments.

Apart from this, I have little to do with my time apart from going to the gym. What doesn't help and really angers me is when I see people post on social media pictures of themselves with their bfs/gfs.

Can someone just please help me?
    Thanks.l
    Im so sorry you're feeling this way :hugs:

have you tried joining clubs/socs or a sports team? i know it sounds odd, but you'll get out more and meet new people too! they'll keep you distracted and busy too:yep:

i know going to the gym, you meet loads of people there too, as when I used to go, I had a small group of friends I made there too?

With regard to the depression, have you tried speaking to someone about it? maybe you could then find ways of beating it?

idk if it helped or not, but if you ever want to talk, feel free to drop a PM, im always about

ReputationRep:
    Talking to someone really helps, they don't have to offer any ground breaking advice to you, but just getting things off your chest stops you bottling it up and feeling worse in the long term. But sometimes talking to someone you don't know is better as you feel less judged and might be more comfortable with revealing more. Have you tried any mental health charity hotlines? They're usually free to call and they do have trained workers on the other side who will be a good ear to listen. If you're at university, see if your university has a nightline (they most likely do) and give them a call, its all anonymous.
    I think personally what you need to do is take a step back and focus on YOU, your own hobbies, your own journey and self worth. Even if it means watching a few motivational videos on youtube to build you up a bit, just something to work on YOU. Very important to realise as well, many of the couples that post the most about their relationship on Facebook are often in the most unsatisfied in their relationships. Happy couples are often too happy and immersed in their relationships to care about what people online think about their relationship or about whether they have something to 'prove'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.