Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, not sure how to use this website.... nevermind! Does anyone on here know how much work can affect your money? I am in 2nd year of my Foundation degree (aka my last year) and there’s only 6 months left but this job is what I want to do in the future so I really want to take it! :/

I get both the loan and grant, (not full grant money because i live at home still) but how much would this be affected by part time (16hrs a week) job??

Thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kjpu__)
    Hi there, not sure how to use this website.... nevermind! Does anyone on here know how much work can affect your money? I am in 2nd year of my Foundation degree (aka my last year) and there’s only 6 months left but this job is what I want to do in the future so I really want to take it! :/

I get both the loan and grant, (not full grant money because i live at home still) but how much would this be affected by part time (16hrs a week) job??

Thanks!
    Are you assessed as a dependant student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Are you assessed as a dependant student?
    I’m not sure what this means? I still live with in my mums house in that sense.. I’m 22, generally i do support myself and receive no money from either parent if that helps?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I’m not sure what this means? I still live with in my mums house in that sense.. I’m 22, generally i do support myself and receive no money from either parent if that helps?
    When you put your student finance application in did you put in your parents income or your income?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    When you put your student finance application in did you put in your parents income or your income?
    My mums, I didn't have a job as I left my job (I hated it and pay was awful) a month or 2 before I remembered to apply for finance,

thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My mums, I didn't have a job as I left my job (I hated it and pay was awful) a month or 2 before I remembered to apply for finance,

thanks
    Then your part time job won't affect your loan

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.