Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, at the moment i'm studying Maths, business and law in A levels. I'm in my first year however i would like to do Arabic a level aswell i have a basic understanding of it and have graduated (at gcse level) from arabic and islamic studies. I would like my previous teacher which i graduated from to teach me the specification in the A level however i'm not sure how would this work. Is it allowed? And also if i could then where would i take the exam and how?

(P.s i'm located in Birmingham uk)
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Javadazad)
    Hello everyone, at the moment i'm studying Maths, business and law in A levels. I'm in my first year however i would like to do Arabic a level aswell i have a basic understanding of it and have graduated (at gcse level) from arabic and islamic studies. I would like my previous teacher which i graduated from to teach me the specification in the A level however i'm not sure how would this work. Is it allowed? And also if i could then where would i take the exam and how?

Thank you
    Are you Arab? Azad is a Persian name, no?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    find an exam centre to enter privately, you will have to pay a fee of £100-200.

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    If you only have rudimentary knowledge in arabic to get good enough to get a decent grade at a level it would take a long time because the criteria is really hard insofar that natives have told me they had trouble with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Are you Arab? Azad is a Persian name, no?
    I'm half Arab and Pakistani. Azad Is derived from Persian and means free in Persian and other languages aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    find an exam centre to enter privately, you will have to pay a fee of £100-200.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirsty97)
    If you only have rudimentary knowledge in arabic to get good enough to get a decent grade at a level it would take a long time because the criteria is really hard insofar that natives have told me they had trouble with it
    I've Been studying for 6 years since I was 10 I wrote GCSE level because the education level is different in the way I've been taught. I've been learning the Modern arabic and have studied in dept a lot of similar books that the exam boards use

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    Speak to your head of sixth form. They will probably get you to go to your exams officer and ask to be put down for the extra exam(s)-(you sit them at your own school/college in May/June). I did it last year at sixth form; they didn't offer alevel arabic (teaching) but were able to put me down for the extra exams. There is a fee of ~£50 per paper?
    Get it done quickly because the alevel entry deadline is soon.
    If your sixth form don't agree to it (they might think your'e unnecessarily increasing your work load or whatever), then contact external centres- I think doing it externally does cost more because the centre charge an additional fee, andd it's more effort- finding and travelling to the place. You'd have to sit the exams in an environment you aren't used to aswell
    Hope this helps in some way. Goodluck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.