Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished conducting research for my AS Media coursework (AQA) and I'm about to start on creating my practical pieces (Print and e-Media, Option 2 for the 2017 brief).

I need to create a two-page feature article, in addition to creating a design for my campaign, which is based on healthy eating. As I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to designing things on computers, I really haven't got a clue as to what I need to do to ensure that my practical pieces come out well!

Would it be possible if any fellow Media students could take the time to give some advice in response to these following questions?

Do I create a feature article template on Microsoft Word/Publisher/another platform? If so, how do I use it in order to create a professional-looking style (or one that highly resembles what you would see in a magazine)?

What programme do I use to create a logo (for use in my feature article, blog and social media page) and general layout (for blog and social media page)? And how do I use it?

Thank you to anyone who offers any advice - it is much appreciated!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    x
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmingCat)
    I've just finished conducting research for my AS Media coursework (AQA) and I'm about to start on creating my practical pieces (Print and e-Media, Option 2 for the 2017 brief).

I need to create a two-page feature article, in addition to creating a design for my campaign, which is based on healthy eating. As I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to designing things on computers, I really haven't got a clue as to what I need to do to ensure that my practical pieces come out well!

Would it be possible if any fellow Media students could take the time to give some advice in response to these following questions?

Do I create a feature article template on Microsoft Word/Publisher/another platform? If so, how do I use it in order to create a professional-looking style (or one that highly resembles what you would see in a magazine)?

What programme do I use to create a logo (for use in my feature article, blog and social media page) and general layout (for blog and social media page)? And how do I use it?

Thank you to anyone who offers any advice - it is much appreciated!
    Ideally it should be as professional looking as possible because the examiners will be looking for your editing skills and ability to manipulate etc. I used to use Word for a lot of my Media work and occasionally dabble in Photoshop/Gimp 2.0 etc. If you google social media website layouts it should give you a template or look at other sites for inspiration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.